460-Add Crawl Control (CC) and Multi Terrain Select (MTS) to 2010-2019 models/all trims (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wanted to say thanks to all involved for these discoveries, links, and info. I was able to add both MTS and Crawl Control over the weekend.:cheers:

Regarding the MT switch, is there a part number and vendor (in the U.S.) that we can get this from?
I have no idea how much or where to find it.

Also, what about Crawl Control?? I have a 2013 Premium with DAC, but would much rather have the Crawl Control and Multi Terrain features.
With the Premium features on the center console (DAC, height adjust, ride comfort, etc) switches, are there any other switches that need to be purchased? Or just the module?

Regarding the MT switch, is there a part number and vendor (in the U.S.) that we can get this from?
I have no idea how much or where to find it.

Also, what about Crawl Control?? I have a 2013 Premium with DAC, but would much rather have the Crawl Control and Multi Terrain features.
With the Premium features on the center console (DAC, height adjust, ride comfort, etc) switches, are there any other switches that need to be purchased? Or just the module?
The part numbers listed at the beginning are the only things you need. The MTS module, and the Crawl Control Switch. The Crawl Control switching module comes as one piece with the Air Suspension switches. They are just dead switches in mine.

Also you would need the earlier MTS version.

I ordered mine from the link provided and did use the ClubLexus code for cheaping shipping which still worked.

Also the link to the CL forum has a ton more info, links, videos, etc.

Both parts for me was around $500, but I think the earlier version MTS is cheaper.

The part numbers listed at the beginning are the only things you need. The MTS module, and the Crawl Control Switch. The Crawl Control switching module comes as one piece with the Air Suspension switches. They are just dead switches in mine.

Also you would need the earlier MTS version.

I ordered mine from the link provided and did use the ClubLexus code for cheaping shipping which still worked.

Also the link to the CL forum has a ton more info, links, videos, etc.

Both parts for me was around $500, but I think the earlier version MTS is cheaper.
My bad, didn't go to the first page. Thanks!
Also, what happens if one does not do a "zero point calibration" with Techstream? Is this a MUST DO?
Regarding this zero point calibration, does this need to be done for both MT and CC or does it just need to be preformed for CC?

My bad, didn't go to the first page. Thanks!
Also, what happens if one does not do a "zero point calibration" with Techstream? Is this a MUST DO?
Regarding this zero point calibration, does this need to be done for both MT and CC or does it just need to be preformed for CC?
Zero point only needs to be performed for the crawl control switch after it's installed. Zero Point can be done with tech stream or a paperclip. I used the paper clip method (I actually used two pieces of wire) to perform the zero point on my 2012 after installing the CC switch.

MTS just works after the module is installed.

EDIT... Here's a post on CL that shows the paperclip method: DAC versus Crawl Control - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Last edited:
You may want to document around the "OEM Vehicle Parts" link on the first post to note in the order the intent is "modification/conversion". Otherwise the dealer's policy is to ship the part called for by the VIN.

I ordered my 040 driver support module for my 2015 gx460 through OEM vehicle parts but received instead a 031 module because "that's what my VIN called for". A few email exchanges later and things are straightened out. I figure I would post here to save others the hassle. Order turn around from japan seems to be about 30 days.

Did you order from Genuine OEM Parts & Accessories | oemvehicleparts.com | OEM Vehicle Parts in Florida or Motors Head in Japan MOTORS HEAD JAPAN | Export Japanese Auto, Diesel, Motorcycle Parts ?

You may want to document around the "OEM Vehicle Parts" link on the first post to note in the order the intent is "modification/conversion". Otherwise the dealer's policy is to ship the part called for by the VIN.

I ordered my 040 driver support module for my 2015 gx460 through OEM vehicle parts but received instead a 031 module because "that's what my VIN called for". A few email exchanges later and things are straightened out. I figure I would post here to save others the hassle. Order turn around from japan seems to be about 30 days.

You can order by part number only from the dealers. However.....why would you, they are the most expensive in most cases. I called Lexus in St Louis first and asked about the parts. They were available and they would order them. I will just say that I saved a couple hundred dollars ordering them from the links in this thread.

You can order by part number only from the dealers. However.....why would you, they are the most expensive in most cases. I called Lexus in St Louis first and asked about the parts. They were available and they would order them. I will just say that I saved a couple hundred dollars ordering them from the links in this thread.
Successfully installed both Crawl Control and Multi Terrain Select this week and ZPC with Techstream. Thanks to the trailblazers who have made it possible for the rest of us.

Last edited:
the 10-13s are prewired for the front camera, but they don't have the wiring for the wing mirror cameras. I've plugged in a front camera on my 2012 after installing MTS, but I still can't select or view the front camera. There was suggestion that the wing mirror camera needs to be installed to activate this, but I haven't gotten around to adding that camera. It needs a new mirror and a wiring harness for the door.

the 10-13s are prewired for the front camera, but they don't have the wiring for the wing mirror cameras. I've plugged in a front camera on my 2012 after installing MTS, but I still can't select or view the front camera. There was suggestion that the wing mirror camera needs to be installed to activate this, but I haven't gotten around to adding that camera. It needs a new mirror and a wiring harness for the door.

Good info and thanks for sharing. Do the 14+ come prewired for Mirror cameras in USA or do we have to source Canada parts. If the 020 module is showing camera position I would guess that it will recognize the cameras as you said. I would also guess the wiring is there already in my 13 for the mirror cameras.

I don’t believe any of them come prewired for the wing mirror cameras. I think there was one post on CL that a user checked his driver door and it didn’t have the camera harness even though his came equipped with a camera in the pass side mirror.

No one is certain that adding a wing mirror camera will active the cam function, no one has done it yet. This is still just a hypothesis.

Congrats SocalLC150! That will probably be my next upgrade/mod to my rig.
A few questions:
  • How long to install the MT?
  • How long to install the Crawl Control?
  • Or are they both in kind of the same location and should be done together? I'm asking because I don't want to tear apart my dash more than I have to if both components go in the same location. I'd wait and purchase both together and do it all at the same time.
  • What tools did you need? Did you just need the plastic spatula type panel tools for removing panels? (You don't need to inventory every size tool, just basics like sockets, screw drivers and/or panel tools or whatever you used.)
Also, a little off topic, but I'm seeing a lot of Southern California GX's on here. I'm thinking I may post an invite when it gets a little dryer here (funny saying that in So. Cal.) to get us all together for a day trip into some mild off-roading. Something that even the stock rigs could do without buckling any body panels. Kind of day picnic trip in the local mountains or desert.

Congrats SocalLC150! That will probably be my next upgrade/mod to my rig.
A few questions:
  • How long to install the MT?
  • How long to install the Crawl Control?
  • Or are they both in kind of the same location and should be done together? I'm asking because I don't want to tear apart my dash more than I have to if both components go in the same location. I'd wait and purchase both together and do it all at the same time.
  • What tools did you need? Did you just need the plastic spatula type panel tools for removing panels? (You don't need to inventory every size tool, just basics like sockets, screw drivers and/or panel tools or whatever you used.)
Also, a little off topic, but I'm seeing a lot of Southern California GX's on here. I'm thinking I may post an invite when it gets a little dryer here (funny saying that in So. Cal.) to get us all together for a day trip into some mild off-roading. Something that even the stock rigs could do without buckling any body panels. Kind of day picnic trip in the local mountains or desert.
It’s not difficult but takes some time and planning. Basic trim removal tools work well as GX platform uses same trim mount clips as every other Toyota platform.

Last edited:
It’s not difficult but takes some time and planning. Basic trim removal tools work well as GX platform uses same trim mount clips as every other Toyota platform.

MTS module is located behind the glove box.
Crawl Control is a switch R&R at the center console.

ZPC must be done to reset ECU to recognize the new hardware. I used Techstream via laptop but paper clip method also will work.
This ^

Its not bad, taking the glove box out took a few. The center console where the switches for the Crawl Control are super easy to get to. Even the abs test reset is easy to do.

MTS was pretty easy, just make sure to follow the direction to take out knee airbag from Clublexus forum. Basic trim removal pieces and basic socket set is all you need. Maybe an 1 hr of time.

I purchased a 2017 GX 460 Luxury model and just discovered that it does not have MTS on vehicle. Can someone recommend a mechanic in Los Angeles who can add this feature? I assume dealer can not complete this upgrade. Also, what is the correct part number for this upgrade/replacement? I learned not to base part on VIN for my vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom