How tall does your SOA stand? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

S&S1stCruzer said:
Where did you get you SOA done and if you don't mind me asking what did you pay?

I'm not covered in grease for nothing!!!! I did the SOA at my buddies shop. Had the front axle cut and turned from Kurt at Cruiseroutfitters. Sourced all the parts from various vendors, and set every thing else up myself. I never added it all up.

Proffitts cruisers spring perches x 4
Cruiseroutfitters cut and turn
Marlin High Steer
MAF add-a-leaves x 4
Extended break lines x 2
DT8000 shockes x 4
Ford shock towers x 2
ubolts x 8
ubolt plates x 4
rear shock mounts x 2
knuckle rebuild
wheel bearings
longfields
chromo inners
FROR chromo hub/knuckle studs
Rear trac bar....home made w/ 1.5" .25" DOM, 1 heim, 3 bushings
Rocklogic hydro assis
37" mtrs
4wheelparts 2.5" bs wheels
alignment/balance/mount
MAF poly bushing set

Nice list thanks! I hoping to get my done soon! Seems like all the shops are busy getting ready for cruise Moab :-(

Muddogbob,

What did you do about the pitman arm situation? Did you drill your stock pitman arm and weld in the insert Marlin Crawler sent you? I'm debating on what to do about my pitman arm. I'd like to get a new one, but they are quite expensive and since Marlin doesn't ship on with the kit, I'm up in the air as to my solution.

Thanks,

GulfShoresFJ60 said:
Muddogbob,

What did you do about the pitman arm situation? Did you drill your stock pitman arm and weld in the insert Marlin Crawler sent you? I'm debating on what to do about my pitman arm. I'd like to get a new one, but they are quite expensive and since Marlin doesn't ship on with the kit, I'm up in the air as to my solution.

Thanks,

My Marlin high steer kit came WITH a pitman arm!

Muddogbob,

How long ago did you order your kit, and how much did it costs? If you want you can PM me.
Thanks,

Can you please tell me about de-arched springs (what, why, how)?

Would a SOA be a bad idea with my stock springs?

Thanks.

Andrew

Exiled said:
Mine sits at 77" with de-arched heavy-duty OMEs and 35" MT/Rs on 8" rims.

daddyo said:
Can you please tell me about de-arched springs (what, why, how)?

Would a SOA be a bad idea with my stock springs?

Thanks.

Andrew

When I first did the SOA the truck was very stable but also very tall. At the time it was also pretty high-geared, which meant speed on the trail. The speed and height made it pretty scary off road. I'd used the OME springs already on the truck (heavy-duty) with two sets of front (short) shackles.

I ran it like that for about 3 years, then opted to de-arch the springs. Had the work done at a friend's friend's shop (springworks). The result was an improved ride (didn't think that was possible), a bit more body sway (I don't run a rear antiswaybar), and a much more stable ride off road.

Exiled said:
When I first did the SOA the truck was very stable but also very tall. At the time it was also pretty high-geared, which meant speed on the trail. The speed and height made it pretty scary off road. I'd used the OME springs already on the truck (heavy-duty) with two sets of front (short) shackles.

I ran it like that for about 3 years, then opted to de-arch the springs. Had the work done at a friend's friend's shop (springworks). The result was an improved ride (didn't think that was possible), a bit more body sway (I don't run a rear antiswaybar), and a much more stable ride off road.

Hmm.... I was planning on getting NEW stock leafs from toyota for my SOA, would that be a bad idea?

New stock leafs will be fine. When I did my SO I used Man-A-Fre's stock height replacement springs. Ride is good, flex is awesome, and height is perfect. The only negative thing I can say about using stock, flat springs is that when you start to flex them a lot off-road, they tend to sag quickly. I am also running an ARB bumper up front. My front springs have lost enough height that I either need to run long AAL's, or get some Alcan or Deaver custom built springs.

So, if I were you and using stock springs, I would throw in some long AAL's to help prevent the springs from sagging.

Hella fender mirrors

82-SOA-60 said:
Whats the deal on the front fender of the 60 on the right?

Hi, sorry this took so long to reply, I ran out of room, so I bought a silver star in able to post more attachments.

To answer your question, yes they are mirrors, in fact they are Hella brand mirrors.

Here are some photos.

They help with blind spots and are just something else to get sheared off on the trail.
Hella fender mirror2.jpg
Hella fender mirror3.jpg
Hella fender mirror1.jpg

Rig of Mortis said:
Hi, sorry this took so long to reply, I ran out of room, so I bought a silver star in able to post more attachments.

To answer your question, yes they are mirrors, in fact they are Hella brand mirrors.

Here are some photos.

They help with blind spots and are just something else to get sheared off on the trail.

that's a shiny bumper, did you make it?

Ahhhhh. Now I see. I hear ya, They would last 5 minutes on my rig.

Thanks!

Chrome don't get you home.

beaufort-fj60 said:
that's a shiny bumper, did you make it?

Nah, it's a Warn® I pilfered from a Suburban, dissected the mounting brackets, cutting them apart, re-welding them so they'd fit the 60. The side wings curved right back past my wheel wells (think Suburban), so following the body line of the 60's wheel well, choppity-chop-chop with the sawsall.

It's like a fishing lure, girls walk over to the 60 because the bumper's shiny, but they run when I fire up the Diesel.

82-SOA-60 said:
Ahhhhh. Now I see. I hear ya, They would last 5 minutes on my rig.

Thanks!

make it 2 minutes on my rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom