How much is this 60 worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check the "A" pillar for rust. Poke it with a screw driver if it looks bad at all.

You do not want this.
PICT0080.JPG
PICT0079.JPG

no, it has no rust ont he a pillars. the only rust it has is a little on the tailgate, and on the wheel wells. and a small spot that hasn't penetrated the back of the roof yet. the only thing that is stopping me from buying it is its ugliness. it is ugly as hell, and looks like a rustbucket because the paint is soo f****** up.

^ok, thanks for the pics. i'll check those places out if i look at it again. i didnt check the tailgate area at all, i did check the a pillar, and am pretty damn sure there isnt any there. so assuming that it doesnt have any of thes major rust issues, just minor ones around the wheel wells, is it worth that 1000 in florida?

Cruisers for sale in Central OR

Just thought you guys might want to check out what's for sale here in Bend, OR this week..I've only seen one of these rigs up close, it's not originally from the high desert..got some rust (the beige one)..others I have not seen...and I got nothing to do with any of them..this is just a pass on.

bend craigslist > cars & trucks: search for "landcruiser"

one other thing i wanted to add on was that it has a little blue puff of smoke when u hit the gas. its only when u hit the gas though, its not consistent. does this look like a valve job, or something a little more serious such as piston rings which will then lead to probably a rebuild?

If you are in California that is a $500.00 rig.

If you are in the northeast or anywhere above I-40 then add $1 for every mile north of I-40. In MI or WI that would be a $1,800 rig.

Love the formula... so true...

one other thing i wanted to add on was that it has a little blue puff of smoke when u hit the gas. its only when u hit the gas though, its not consistent. does this look like a valve job, or something a little more serious such as piston rings which will then lead to probably a rebuild?

Rings are worn out most likely. Probably not valves although im sure a valve adjustment wouldn't hurt it...

If you can drive it home at 65 MPH and the frame is not rusted, 1000 bucks is probably about right.

3200 for 130k less miles, that's my vote. it'll save you money in the long run...

i got it up to about 45 goin down the road. no smoke then, but it ran good, didnt hesitate. it was slow however, which i guess is normal for these beast. if things go well, i will probably be drivin her home on a 120 mile trip wednesday afternoon. hopefully i can get atleast another couple thousand miles out of the engine. she's not blowin smoke out all the time, so hopefully its just something i can just add 20-50 to every couple hundred miles and keep it goin longer. if i do end up replacing the engine, i will be going for the used engine route. just in case, anyone got a 2f they want to sell?

hi there.i'm in sanford Florida area,check in orlando craigslist.its a 86 fj with 10,000 # winch,rebuilt carb,new brakes,a others few things,no rust with 177,000 miles for $2,900.00..maybe you will enjoy more trails with that one

hi there.i'm in sanford Florida area,check in orlando craigslist.its a 86 fj with 10,000 # winch,rebuilt carb,new brakes,a others few things,no rust with 177,000 miles for $2,900.00..maybe you will enjoy more trails with that one
i just checked, i didnt find any 86 at all. can u post a link?

yesterday also i went to mount dora,florida,to check a brown fj60 in a dealer,its has too much rust,i dont know its is the same that you posted here,have 261..... miles the only thing that really I like it was the dash cover that its have no cracks,,jaja the rest its a pain to restore..they asking also $1,500.00 ,i take 2 pictures with my cel. phone.

1983 Toyota Landcrusier FJ60 4X4 w/Winch that the link of the ad ,when you check craigslist, do a search for winch....not for toyota landcruiser,that´s why you dont found it..the date is 3-24-2008.i also call the owner about 3 minutes ago,but just the answering machine respond,send him an email..the truck its a 1983 ,,sorry cos im post 86.....985-807-5935 the number of the owner

yesterday also i went to mount dora,florida,to check a brown fj60 in a dealer,its has too much rust,i dont know its is the same that you posted here,have 261..... miles the only thing that really I like it was the dash cover that its have no cracks,,jaja the rest its a pain to restore..they asking also $1,500.00 ,i take 2 pictures with my cel. phone.

1983 Toyota Landcrusier FJ60 4X4 w/Winch that the link of the ad ,when you check craigslist, do a search for winch....not for toyota landcruiser,that´s why you dont found it..the date is 3-24-2008.i also call the owner about 3 minutes ago,but just the answering machine respond,send him an email..the truck its a 1983 ,,sorry cos im post 86.....985-807-5935 the number of the owner
oh ok, he spelled landcruiser wrong:eek:, thats why it didnt come up in the search.

well another mud member (Eshu), was nice enough to send me some pics of this cruiser that i was lookin at, and i have decided to pass up on this one. i think 1000 is too much for the ass ugly paint job, the rust, and the high mileage and possibly piston ring problem that i will later encounter. wat do u guys think?
2a.jpg

2.jpg

Many of us have made mistakes buying cruisers for too much money with too much rust.
I know I did - its hard when you fall for these things - you just want to get the first one you see.
Mileage is really a secondary factor until it gets realy high (like this one).
If I were doing it over again (thousands of dollars later), i would go first and foremost with a rust free cruiser.
I would pass on this and head over to the $3200 one with 130K.

Both of the other trucks mentioned in this thread sound like better deals, especially the 130k one. As has been said, it will save you lots and lots of money in the long run. By the way, there's no way the dealer's getting a grand for the drivetrain. 4-speed trannies go for $150 on mud, and you can buy a tired engine for $200-500.

Many of us have made mistakes buying cruisers for too much money with too much rust.
I know I did - its hard when you fall for these things - you just want to get the first one you see.
Mileage is really a secondary factor until it gets realy high (like this one).
If I were doing it over again (thousands of dollars later), i would go first and foremost with a rust free cruiser.
I would pass on this and head over to the $3200 one with 130K.

X2.......for my money, I couldn't agree more!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom