How much is she worth!! Question about my new fj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone! excited to be a new cruiser owner.
I hope I'm posting in the right place, but I just picked up my truck and wanted to know if I overpaid or maybe got a deal. Its a 1993 fj80 with only the center dif lock, newer paint job that looks really good honestly, catch is the truck has 260k miles but runs strong. Everything seems to work well. I just bought it for $6800, seems like a lot for an old truck but I know these have a great reputation. Seats are pretty messed up.
Would love to know what you guys think!!
Thanks
Ben
IMG-3524.jpeg
IMG-3523.jpeg

The OP said "hoping its because these things don't need too be worked on much" :) (and a touch of:rofl:)

We all like to think our 80's are indestructible, but they're all pushing 25-30 years old, so there will be needed service and repairs. IME if it has low miles and was taken care of, less work needed. However if it was used as it was designed (ie: driven) there will be some catching up service to be done. Seems like most new MUD owners put at least a few thousand in needed service and repairs into their trucks soon after purchase, not counting tires, springs, lifts, etc.

Best to start reading on the forum, get a copy of the FSM (Factory Service Manual), buy some extra tools, and start wrenching. It's all here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom