How much does you ARB fridge temperature vary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can set the kick on & kick off points to adjust the "swing". FYI you could get 60 watt solar and it's a non issue. Main thing is watching fridge to catch it if the low voltage system cuts it off. Mine lasts 3 days with no engine on 45 watts solar. They like to be packed, pre cool it on 110 and check the lid closing. Temps above 90*F will increase the run time to lower temp. FWIW have you timed the run cycle ? On a hot day 6 min run & 14 min off wouldn't suprise me. It also depends on the envorinment of fridge, shaded, in enclosed vehicle, out in the sun, etc.... Freezing water bottles and putting 6 or 8 in the fridge helps alot as well. Bacteria can start at like 41*F so the swing you described could be walking a fine line. I'd play with it until you figure what you can do to optimize the running cycle on your set up.

Again, that temperature swing does not matter to the food if the cycle is fairly fast and the food does not have time to equilibrate. You could see a 10 degree swing and the food inside might barely budge by one if it cycles every 14 mins, say. The swing will be that of where you are measuring the temperature, it's not the temperature of the food.
IOW, say the swing goes from 30F to 40F with an average of 35F. It's not like bottles are going to explode the instant the measure temperature goes to 31. They will stay close to 35F once "acclimated". Conversely, bacteria will likely not be a problem if the display shows 40F for a couple of minutes during the swing, if the average is 35.

Reactions: MoJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom