How much do you give up in buying an '04 versus newer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have read the sites explaining the differences in each year... but in the real world... how big of a difference is there between the 2004 with a little less hp, verus the newer vehicles?

Is it worth the extra money to buy newer than 2004?

Is it worth the extra money to buy newer than 2004?

I guess it would depend on your budget. The 03-04 GX is a nicely equipped SUV with some great safety and off road features not found on many other SUV's until years later. The engine is not as peppy of course, even compared to an 05-06 GX.

Looks like you're familiar with the 100 series. I'd say as far as features the 04 GX has pretty much everything the 04 LX has. The same can be said for the newer body styles of both trucks. The GX460 is a little brother of sorts to the LC. There's a host of new feautres in the new SUV's, besides a redesigned vehicle and engine you're missing out on KDSS, Crawl Control, 3rd row airbags, etc.

As you said, it all depends on how much you want to spend and how badly you need specific aspects of the truck. In my opinion, the 03-04 GX is not a race winner but a damn nice truck.

The 120 V8 feels like a race car compared to the 100. I cant tell you how many drivers I've left draw dropped either from a redlight or on the highway, from BMW's to poor man's porsches. I kept up with a GTO yesterday until the end of 1st gear.

I will say, the non VVT-i V8 is smoother; however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom