How much boost can 1HZ-T handle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's the toyodiy link to the Coaster 1HZ-T (also Intercooled).The part numbers for pistons etc seem valid.I also have some pictures taken of the Coaster Parts Manual showing the 1HZ-T layout and parts.Strangely this was from the Aus Coaster Parts Manual when the 1HZ-t seems only to be sent to Europe.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/g_E_199301 ... XW1_1.html
Sorry Not Intercooled

These people might be kind enough to take a pikky of the engines in their Coasters. They seem to do JDM imports and convert them to campers, and are promoting a turbo diesel version. Website is full of interiors, not mechanicals, but if you ask nicely, you never know, they may have one with a body off, or engine on a stand.

http://www.customcoasterconversions.com.au/Toyota-Coaster.html

Tim

These people might be kind enough to take a pikky of the engines in their Coasters. They seem to do JDM imports and convert them to campers, and are promoting a turbo diesel version. Website is full of interiors, not mechanicals, but if you ask nicely, you never know, they may have one with a body off, or engine on a stand.

http://www.customcoasterconversions.com.au/Toyota-Coaster.html

Tim
Unfortunately it's not that easy.These 1HZ-T's don't appear to be JDM ,they were only exported to Europe.The ones shown as turbo use the 1HD-T Engine and are HDB models not HZB.
We need a European Coaster Converter.

Darryl

IMAG02681.jpg

IMAG02701.jpg

IMAG02711.jpg

How many of these mythical beasts were built according to serial numbers?

Unfortunately it's not that easy.These 1HZ-T's don't appear to be JDM ,they were only exported to Europe.The ones shown as turbo use the 1HD-T Engine and are HDB models not HZB.
We need a European Coaster Converter.

Darryl

If you scroll down their pages, they refer to a HZB50 and have pictures of one.

I have no interest in this search, I just came across the website and posted it for reference. A quick email to them might clarify at least something.

Tim

Quick update, Just spent 2 weekends driving the Ute hard at Tuff Truck and a 4wd show doing jumps and speed tests.

Running 40 psi the whole time :)

The car is over 3t and runs 40" tyres but still gets to 100 in a few seconds and then goes airborne ;)

Good fun

Quick update, Just spent 2 weekends driving the Ute hard at Tuff Truck and a 4wd show doing jumps and speed tests.

Running 40 psi the whole time :)

The car is over 3t and runs 40" tyres but still gets to 100 in a few seconds and then goes airborne ;)

Good fun

Ahahhahaha that's awesome.
Are you still running the gt2871?

Yep, still the Garrett. Once she grenades I'll get Graeme to build me a special grunter for it.

I will have to sort out a better clutch too, this Isuzu hybrid still slips real bad if I power on too hard.

I will have to sort out a better clutch too, this Isuzu hybrid still slips real bad if I power on too hard.

Are you using the OEM 300 mm 21 splines disc ..?

Yep, still the Garrett. Once she grenades I'll get Graeme to build me a special grunter for it.

If and when that happens are you still after running those boost levels???
Plans if the engine goes pop???

Check this out
http://www.xtremeoutback.com.au/en/catalogue

Apparently the their biggest can handle over 800nm of torque but your going to have a really heavy pedal. Will probably feel like driving around a sports car.

You can build a button clutch to handle what ever torque you like. But you won't be 4x4ing in it. There is only so many ways/combinations you can build a clutch. I'm not too sure on their figures. Find out the clamp pressure.

Has anyone investigated a twin disc clutch?

You can run a smaller diameter clutch, so less inertia. But still have far greater surface area, so more friction, greater torque handling capacity and have less pedal effort.

I'm thinking something like a Ford BA Falcon xr6t clutch. with the correct splined centre hub custom fitted it could be the go.
It's a 10.5" clutch, so should fit on the flywheel and inside the bell housing
It would be pricey, but could be a good option.

Like this one?

Nope.
Breather into the cross-over pipe means that wasn't a factory turbo.
It's just had a turbo bolted to the side and not even hooked up.

Just fooling with your guys here, don't take offence. It's a normal 1HZ that I am fitting to a 45 series extended cab. I got a 1HD turbo/manifold setup for it, that I have just bolted up for the pic. Over here in SA the 1HZ turbo mod is very much frowned upon..

I love this thread, it's got it all:
-DI vs IDI
-turbos
-1HZT
-Dougal vs crushers classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom