how many miles do you have on your 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

231a088af279783457e643b527e56804.png

1994 at 125xxx now. Previous owner took good care of it, but so far only major thing I've had to replace is the Passenger side birf, and going to have to do a rear transfer case output seal soon. Picture is from a month or two ago.

️Hey I think that's my old 80 I was wondering how it was going .. Adam from pa
Looks good glad your enjoying it.. I recognize the LEDs i put in the gauge cluster haha

What's with all the low mileage cruisers? Drive 'em don't park 'em.

DD 263,100 current top-end re-build at 262,700.

202k 1997 locked LX450

253k triple locked 96 tlc

so i am getting more serious about picking up an 80 series and i was wondering what kind of longevity some of you might be getting. I'ld like to know milage, what kind of action your LC sees and what your maintainence schedule is?
and also what kind of climate you are in. i don't anticipate changing my mind on an 80, (i just haven't found the right one close enough) so don't sugar coat it.
thanks
287,000 rear main bearing seal has leaked for the past 100,000 miles or so changed solenoid contacts in starter $5.00, just replaced power steering gear box (power steering fluid in power steering right) clean cap read atf only, my bad. Original engine still strong. Small thing but very little wind noise at freeway speeds and above. Original door seals they are built that well. I love the beast. Keep a couple efi relays handy, best price at dealer. Seen it all, off road deep mud, above 110 degrees to 5 below zero. Deep snow, steep grades, two foot water, no snork.

Bought my '97 at 118000 about 3 years ago. it was rode hard, but mechanically well maintained. About 125000 now and we're about to criss-cross the state a few times shuttling kids to colleges and sightseeing, etc...

:meh:

'93 at 146,600

'96 tlc 211K super fun truck ,love the sense of accomplishment (knuckles are a lil messy)knowing in most cases the maintenance performed will prolong life of this beastly built track layer with tires...

411k now on my '96 and 241k on my '97.

188K on a 3 locked 1995. I'll go to 300K and beyond. LOF @ 5K miles.

94' at 110K...damn...gettin up there!

1997 Triple locked LX450 156k. Owned one month. Currently getting all maintenance issues taken care of and a 2.5 ome along with new 285 duratracks. Will be my dd.

96 triple locked. Just hit 232323 miles. Don't have much history. Owned and driven daily for about a year now. Did my first oil change 8k after I got it. Has a leak coming from the front main seal since I can remember and haven't done anything to it. Still needs a major tune up and full front end work. Despite all the needed TLC it's still going strong, I love this rig. Bury me in mine also.

233k on my '92. Second owner, purchased from the bank at 300 miles (it was repo'd!) No rust. Daily driver. Sees some light off pavement. Pretty much stock. Great rig to learn how to wrench on. Simple to work on plus you have the best group of people to give you support and know literally everything about these rigs. I had never wrenched on a car in my life but the guys on here walked me through my birfs.

Replaced radiator with OEM at 17 years. Rebuilt birfs at 18 years. Brakes, belts, hoses, oil, tires, gas. Leaks a little bit. Runs like the day I got it. Drove it across country and back. Wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. Sucks gas. Don't care.

Drivers seat looks like crap. Visors hang down. D light burned out.

AC went out about five years ago. May get around to fixing that some day...

X2 on the EFI relays. It is a common relay used on the 80 series. They are about $10 each. Keep a couple in your truck. Save yourself the heartache when one goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom