How hard is it to change fuel filter in a FJ62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Never looked, don't have a manual, just started wondering. Is it on the firewall like most? Or is it located in a difficult spot? Thanks

Sitting on the pass fender well, near the coil. Easy swap.

It is not that hard but will take more time then it needs too compared to the 60.

It is on the pass side on back side of wheel well. Make sure that you keep the copper washers or get an OEM filter that has them. I used a WIX that didn't come with the copper washers.

It is just a pain or it was the first time for me.

Cool, I'm having my mechanic change it since I'm not at home now. Just started thinking, I guess I never even looked at a 62 fuel filter before. If I had it in front of me it would be a breeze. I guess they are usually highly overlooked, but is a good standard type maintainence to do.

Cake - on the passenger side fender. Easy access, 10 minute job.

Keep your head down, and don't show the bastards any mercy. Patton had it right. We're proud of you guys. :clap:Ned ex-101st Vietnam.

Nice avatar!! You just get it or are we on the same wave?

Ditto, I just switched about a month ago .... the dude abides......

Keep your head down, and don't show the bastards any mercy. Patton had it right. We're proud of you guys. :clap:Ned ex-101st Vietnam.

Thanks! ex- 3/75 Ranger Regiment here, and thank you! You guys had to put up with a lot, and without gusy like you, I wouldn't have had anyone to look up to, or to push myself to be like when times were hard. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom