How do you identify disk brake vs. drum brake steelies? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drum rivets. Disk weld.
Are they really cheap.? Cuz new ones are pretty reasonable.

Are they really cheap.? Cuz new ones are pretty reasonable.

$200 for four with usable hubcaps. A little more than I'm hoping to pay, but aren't they about $110 each from Toyota?

I have had a heck of a time finding the three more that I need. I ran a WTB add here in the classifieds for a long time without any luck.

Thanks for the help.

Hey Duff, the riveted wheel is pictured. The non riveted is ...........well........ no rivets. Hope this helps.
001.jpg

Last edited:
$200 for four with usable hubcaps. A little more than I'm hoping to pay, but aren't they about $110 each from Toyota?

I have had a heck of a time finding the three more that I need. I ran a WTB add here in the classifieds for a long time without any luck.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, I just mention it because I've seen guys spend $50-75 for rusty wheels that they have sandblasted and powder coated and end up paying way more than they would buying new OEM.

Yeah, I just mention it because I've seen guys spend $50-75 for rusty wheels that they have sandblasted and powder coated and end up paying way more than they would buying new OEM.

There was a nice, used pre-disk set on MUD classifieds for $1,200 a couple months ago. :doh: The guys gave him a pretty hard time for that listing.

I guess I got lucky a year and a half ago, 5 moderately rusted wheels, 4 looks like new hubcaps, and one used hubcap in prime condition....$140.00 for the lot. I just wire wheeled, sanded and primed the wheels and then painted with rattle can rustoleum smoke gray. They still look good. Here's a pic with hubcaps removed.
011.jpg

also distinguishable by the curve of the bulge area on the face.

I guess I got lucky a year and a half ago, 5 moderately rusted wheels, 4 looks like new hubcaps, and one used hubcap in prime condition....$140.00 for the lot. I just wire wheeled, sanded and primed the wheels and then painted with rattle can rustoleum smoke gray. They still look good. Here's a pic with hubcaps removed.

Nice!

I got a pic of the inside of the ones listed on CL and they're pre-disk so I'm still on the hunt for 3 rims to complete my collection. Oh well, the black wagon wheels don't look that bad anyway.

Thanks for the ID help guys! JD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom