How do I wire my new compressor... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

please help lol

Let me clear things up a bit.​

Picture # 1 shows a regular 3 prong plug to my old compressor beside plug from my Lincoln 230v welder.
View attachment 326966
Picture # 2 shows a regular 3 prong plug to my old compressor beside 240v 50a plug I purchased at Lowes to wire to new compressor so I could use the same outlet I installed to run my welder.
View attachment 326967
And last but not least Picture # 3 is picture of flexible cord wired to the pressure switch.
View attachment 326968

Thanks guys for looking over my shoulder...​

i have the same exact compressor.....can you please take the cover off of the pressure switch to show how the proper way the wires connect.. cannot figure out how to connect the wires inside ... please and thank you

jamessharp13 said:
i have the same exact compressor.....can you please take the cover off of the pressure switch to show how the proper way the wires connect.. cannot figure out how to connect the wires inside ... please and thank you

I can get you a picture, but will probably be later this week as I'm busy.

Here is the picture you want. And my compressor is still sitting on the pallet that it shipped on. It hasn't moved an inch on the concrete floor in over ten years of use. No need to bolt the thing to the floor.
comp 071.jpg

FWIW I have the Porter Cable version of the 60gal compressor. Mine actually came with vibration isolating rubber and metal washers. I've never taken mine off the pallet. It doesn't go anywhere.

My parents had a 80gal 2 stage compressor. It would move enough that it had to be pushed back into the corner once or twice a year. They didn't want to permanently mount it.

I think some models will move around more than others. I've just never had a good reason to go to the effort to anchor mine.

Here is the picture you want. And my compressor is still sitting on the pallet that it shipped on. It hasn't moved an inch on the concrete floor in over ten years of use. No need to bolt the thing to the floor.

john, your picture looks similar but the main connects on mine have a spring in both line 1 and 2 and when i tried to loosen them to insert wires i stripped the screws i looked online and i'm just going to buy a whole new pressure switch..i tried to use an easy out but it didn't work.....so when i get the new one in i'd like to know how to connect without stripping the screws out....

ky hunter did you just loosen the screws insert wires and tighten them? do they have to be super tight or just snug if that makes sense and thank you guys for your help!!!

ky hunter did you just loosen the screws insert wires and tighten them? do they have to be super tight or just snug if that makes sense and thank you guys for your help!!!

I don't recall exactly but yes you loosen the screw as far as it will go without removing it. Strip your wire approx 1/2". Twist the end and then insert into the opening. Then snug down the screw.

I read where you had stripped these screws. Are you sure?
What is stripped? The screw or the connector inside the Maybe you could run a tap into the connection to clean up threads.switch?

Seems awfully expensive to buy a whole new pressure switch for two stripped screws. Take the screws to ACE hardware and ask if they can help. I'll bet you can fix your existing setup for less than $2.00 !!!

:beer:

when i put wires in it didn't seem tighten so i proabably over tightened them....then the screw heads got stripped and i tried to use an easy out to get them out and replace just the screws and they didn't want to come out easily......idk what to do..but the pressure switch is pretty beat up now i'll try to put up a picture if i have time today
\

You could drill those screws out. Just find the right size bit and go slow. Then take your easy out and insert into the hole you just drilled and tap it in. Remove by turning counter clockwise.

If your working on an old Land Cruiser you will need a good Metric Tap & Die Set. Ask me how I know... ;)

Wrap the cord exiting the pressure switch
With several wraps of tape or the proper connector
A two screw or compression type connector and if
you are pulling in excess of 20 amps use 10 guage
wire for the connection. What u have here is a fire
Hazard in the making.

... And my compressor is still sitting on the pallet that it shipped on. ...

X2, one of mine is on the original pallet, the other had a poor pallet, so made a solid one from wood. Both fit a pallet jack, so nice option for moving them.

I have seen a few that had tank cracks from being solid mounted, so I don't do that anymore. Wood is a good vibration dampener. :hillbilly:

I have a 60g 2-stage mounted on two 3' blocks of wood that used to be part of a pallet, it hasn't moved. (low rpm Eaton)

I did wire the compressor wrong at first, $80 pressure switch mistake...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom