how do I know if I have dual AC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 99 LC and the front was basically destroyed in an accident.I am down to my last part the AC Condenser. I ordered a used AC condenser and it is not wide enough for the mounts on the unit shipped. They claim it is the correct unit. I called a dealer and they were not able to tell me with the VIN #.I have no rear dials, just thet rear vent button.The old unit was basically destroyed. I checked the 10 or so pcs of the old unit and could not find a part number.Any help would be appreatiated. I lookinig to order a Denso unit today

Ok I have a vent above the middle row but no temp control unit.

I'm curious, does this mean that there is a "more desirable" AC unit that was optional on the 100 series? Mine has controls in the headliner above the second row but I'm almost positive that it wont blow "cold" air fro the rear vents.

Please advise

On 2000+ the rear ac was standard. If you press the rear fan button on the dash and turn the temp down on the rear controls they blow cold. My kids love it.

x2 just figured this out the other day. Major bonus!

What we do not have are the controls on the back side of the lower central console between the two front seats. Is there a year and different function for this?

Here's a shot of the controls on a 2005, same as on a 99. The controls on the back of the center console are 2nd row audio.
gg_800.jpg
$(KGrHqRHJDQE-n9m0Yd,BP)lYuNZiQ~~_4.jpg

My controls for the rear air are in the drivers side headliner above the 2nd row headrest just like Trunk's top pic shows.

We need pics.

I recall from the owner's manual that there were two types: The one that you have described with the rear on/off switch on the dash and the thermostat on the rear headliner; and the alternative is a rear fan switch on the dash and temperature controls on the rear of the console. I will look in the book later and post pics.

The rear AC/heat is a great idea but was poorly executed. 2 year olds cant reach the controls nor could 3-4-5 year olds i would imagine and I can't reach them from the front. Any time you want to adjust something you still have to do it manually. A second set of controls up front would have been a great idea. The newer trucks with the freekin' expensive MFDs should have controls built in. I know I'm whining but it's one of the few very minor things that I don't like about the truck.

The rear AC/heat is a great idea but was poorly executed. 2 year olds cant reach the controls nor could 3-4-5 year olds i would imagine and I can't reach them from the front. Any time you want to adjust something you still have to do it manually. A second set of controls up front would have been a great idea. The newer trucks with the freekin' expensive MFDs should have controls built in. I know I'm whining but it's one of the few very minor things that I don't like about the truck.

The rear controls in the headliner are automated. Set the temperature, press auto and forget it. It will switch between heat and a/c automatically, as well as fan speed.

The problem is that the heat and a/c are separate systems for the rear and there is no 3rd row heat at all. And if the temperature is set too high back there, it will cook the driver, the console and anything in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom