How can I change the lug pattern on the M416? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone

I'm in the process of getting a M416 trailer and one of the things I plan on doing is to change the wheel lug pattern to match my 4Runner. So, what is the easiest way to do this? What is the cheapest way to do this? And the most important, what is the BEST way to do this?

Thanks, Kevin

PS - Also, can this be done while retaining the trailer's parking brake?

Last edited:
There are a few threds about changing out the hubs for cheep. Can't remember where they said to go but if you do a quick search you will come up with the name and price info. $15 or $30 a hub rings a bell. Simple and easy.

Thanks! But I have searched and haven't found any on doing it to the M416. I found one on the Canadian M101 and it is easy on that trailer. Most of what I have heard on the M416 is, that you either have the hubs & drums redrilled to the 6 on 5.5 pattern or change the whole axle assembly. So I posted here to find out how others had done it.

Kevin

The easiest thing to do is to just get a new axle/hub assembly. Rezarf posted info on ABC trailer supply on another thread and it looks like you can do it for a little over $100. I currently own an M100 and will be doing this to mine this summer when I get done with a bunch of other projects.

ABC link: http://abctrailerparts.com/

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks Dave! One question though, can this be done and still retain the trailer's parking brake?

M416 hub swap

I would be interested in some info as well.
I have a write up done by tornadoalleycruiser but it looks like the bearings will cost well over $100 for the swap.
What is the cheap and easy way?

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom