How bad is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rfj62

SILVER Star
Threads
How bad is this? What happen to get all this rust around the windshield? Is this going to be a nightmare? I'd love to hear some thoughts on this?

TIA,

windshield.jpeg

ws.jpeg

ws1.jpeg

ws3.jpeg

ws5.jpeg

ws11.jpeg

No telling. Personally, I’ve seen wagons that were under car covers that weren’t changed and remained wet cause bubbles in odd places. A good body shop can grind and fill those areas. Recommendation go ahead and get a new panel for the wiper portion, and obviously a new windshield gasket. *maintain your original locking gasket track in the center of the gasket

Thanks! I was actually thinking of buying this Cruiser but was scared of this particular rust, it seems more of a challenge and costly, then just cutting out a section of a quarter panel. I would have to pay a shop to do it. I’ve seen Kelly Saad on Mud here do around the windshield and it does not seem easy to do it right.
Thanks again

The rust is probably deeper than it looks too. Open that up and you may have a complete mess. Old S10 blazers did that.

1 of those photos looks like someone already ground the rust off with a wire wheel and repainted. my2c, it depends on what you want to do with it. if its show room type garage queen rig it could get expensive to bring up to your standards. If its a fun offroad rig and you can get a good deal, you might be able to wire wheel the rust, put some rust stopper and get some factory spray paint, DIY type thing. but i would check under the rig real good , around floor boards, frame, etc. rigs from the east or heavy salt areas see some major frame damage from rust. you'll see weld patches and all kind or odd rust repairs. i'd steer clear if you see that type of rust.

It is from Cali and Texas so I thought it would be good (for the most part) as far as rust but for the price and what I want to do with it, it’s probably not worth it. Thanks for the input on this guys, you kind of confirmed my suspicions that there might be an underlying issue and might require a lot of work and money to get right.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom