For Sale Houston, TX: 1985 FJ60 - w/ Rebuilt Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(125, 80, 3)
Hey folks,

I haven't posted much on here. But, the forums have been a great learning experience for me. And who doesn't love looking at other folks' trucks?!?!

Anyway, I always wanted an FJ60. In 2015, I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket and I decided to buy one. I spent several months looking for the right one. I found this one in San Antonio, purchased it, and shipped it (I lived in Alabama at the time). Very soon after, I moved to Houston - this was my daily commuter. This Land Cruiser started its life in California and moved to Texas to its second owner. I am the third owner and now, sad to see it go. Unfortunately, I am moving, don't want to take it with me, and would like to pass on the dream of owning this great vehicle to someone else that has the time to keep improving it.

I'd give this FJ60 a Mechanical 10/10. In 2017, I had Javier's Autos Unlimited in Houston remove, machine, and rebuild the engine. Since then, this thing has run beautifully. The AC keeps a big man like myself cool in the Texas heat and gets me around town just fine - albeit a little slower than the 100MPH drivers on the highways.

Cosmetically, I'd give it a 7.5-8/10. I used this as my daily driver for the first two years I owned it. It got some scratches in the doors as a result. Also, you'll notice from some of the photos, there are a few rust spots around the top gutters and door jams and at the bottom of the rear passenger side window, some minor carpet tears in the rear cargo area, a cracked dash (Texas heat…what can I say), and a few wears in the seats. Also, right after I bought it, it had a clogged fuel vent. Pressure built up in the gas tank, spewed gas from the gas cap, and I was out of town for week. When I returned home and noticed, the paint below the gas cap had essentially peeled off. You'll see this in the pictures as well. Most of the cosmetic issues are paint related and can be fixed with a good paint job. There are very few actual dings or dents in the body. I want to be very transparent - any photos or information you'd like about the vehicle, just ask away.

A good bit of work has been done to this vehicle since I bought it - listed below. I also have detailed records and receipts of this work for the buyer.

1591307240233.png

Current Odometer - 242,643

Clean Title in hand and Carfax - can email Carfax to serious buyers.

I'm sad to see her go. But, it's time for her to be with a new family and someone else to enjoy getting a, "Wow…I love your car," every time you go for a drive. I'll offer here on Mud for a week or two and then post outside if it doesn't sell. I'd rather it go to an enthusiast than the general public. I'll continue to enjoy driving my 100 series every day now. I'll work with anyone as far as mechanic inspection and shipping if sold as well.

Photos below:

Day I took possession in 2015 (This was a great day!):

1591307063779.png

Current photos:

1591307126821.png

Current Photos:

1591307304397.png

I'll post more current photos on the thread

1591307326026.png

Last edited:
I am in the market for a 60/62 and have been paying very close attention to prices. Overall, this looks like a great truck.

In terms of suggestions, I think the price is really high. It looks to have great maintenance done which adds value for sure. However, for $22k, I would expect to not have to deal with rust and paint. With those items considered and the 240k+ mileage, I would say this truck is priced about $8-10k high.

I am actually about to have a ppi done on one with a bit more mileage (250k) but fresh paint (looks fantastic), restored interior, and solid maintenance history. If the truck checks out then I plan on buying it for about 35% less than what you are asking for this one.

Best of luck! Again, looks like a good rig.

Curious if you found a buyer?

I agree with kwoodwo. FWIW I just missed out on an '87 in great mechanical shape (only 20k miles on a rebuilt 2F and new H55), interior a notch worse than yours, and some rust that could be fixed without a full repaint - needed new tires otherwise good to go. That one went for 15k. Hope you find a great home for your 60!

I am in the market for a 60/62 and have been paying very close attention to prices. Overall, this looks like a great truck.

In terms of suggestions, I think the price is really high. It looks to have great maintenance done which adds value for sure. However, for $22k, I would expect to not have to deal with rust and paint. With those items considered and the 240k+ mileage, I would say this truck is priced about $8-10k high.

I am actually about to have a ppi done on one with a bit more mileage (250k) but fresh paint (looks fantastic), restored interior, and solid maintenance history. If the truck checks out then I plan on buying it for about 35% less than what you are asking for this one.

Best of luck! Again, looks like a good rig.

Thank you very much for your feedback! Let me know how you go with the mechanical check on the one you're chasing. Good luck to you too!

Curious if you found a buyer?

I agree with kwoodwo. FWIW I just missed out on an '87 in great mechanical shape (only 20k miles on a rebuilt 2F and new H55), interior a notch worse than yours, and some rust that could be fixed without a full repaint - needed new tires otherwise good to go. That one went for 15k. Hope you find a great home for your 60!

I have not found a buyer yet. To be fair, I haven't been actively seeking a buyer - haha! It's one of those things where being lazy means I get to enjoy it more! If you're interested in mine, and want to discuss in more detail, shoot me a DM. I'm happy to entertain an offer.

I have not found a buyer yet. To be fair, I haven't been actively seeking a buyer - haha! It's one of those things where being lazy means I get to enjoy it more! If you're interested in mine, and want to discuss in more detail, shoot me a DM. I'm happy to entertain an offer.

Sure thing, I have a lead on one that looks good but if it doesn't work out I'll probably be in touch. Good luck!

Hey guys,

I'm bumping this back up and time to get serious about selling.

Please let me know if there are more thoughts here.

Thanks

Last edited:
The car seems great and I have to agree with the rest ~ the asking price is too High, I would be interested if your willing to drop down to 10K. I probably will need to add another 12 to bring it back to top condition. If you want to talk some more let me know- ideally i wish to get a better look at with your help & More detailed pictures.
Let me know
Alex

Following this thread since I'm trying to get educated on price vs condition. GLWTS and love Houston - spent every summer at Astroworld when I was a kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom