Houston Area Body & Paint Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Green Bean

GOLD Star
Threads
Hello Houston Area Mudders:
I have a 1970 40 series. A PO cut the rear fenders. As a consequence it has plastic fender flares. I would like to go back to OEM appearance. I see that Reel Steel seals rear patch panels for this purpose. Unfortunately this would be outside of my skill level. I’m looking for recommendations for a good shop that could weld in the patches, prep & paint. We live near Bay City. Thanks.

IMG_4814.jpeg

I need the same thing but on a 1997 3rd gen 4Runner. Watching with interest.

Call Spags...they are off Hanna road in The Woodlands. The guy does tons of classic cars and always has some cool stuff there including 40s. He did my desmog and weber carb as well and I am very happy with it. Excellent body shop. I have known the owner for a long time..Anthony Spagneleti. Number is 281.362.0033

Call Spags...they are off Hanna road in The Woodlands. The guy does tons of classic cars and always has some cool stuff there including 40s. He did my desmog and weber carb as well and I am very happy with it. Excellent body shop. I have known the owner for a long time..Anthony Spagneleti. Number is 281.362.0033
Thank you!

Master Auto Body & Upholstery
7750 Harwin Dr.
Houston, TX 77036

They're not much to look at from the outside but I used them all the time when I was wholesaling. Greenway Mercedes sends all their stuff there, too, which ought to tell you something. I've also seen a couple of 60s get restored there.

Master Auto Body & Upholstery
7750 Harwin Dr.
Houston, TX 77036

They're not much to look at from the outside but I used them all the time when I was wholesaling. Greenway Mercedes sends all their stuff there, too, which ought to tell you something. I've also seen a couple of 60s get restored there.
Just wanted to follow-up here. We ended up using Master Auto Body to weld in the rear fender patch panels on our 1970. 40 series. Unfortunately, a prior owner had hacked up the rear fenders pretty severely. Victor and his team did an amazing job of grinding, welding, and blending in to match the paint.

Before:
IMG_4814.JPEG

IMG_4926.JPEG

During:

FE6CBDBE-F35A-4CFB-9C56-7FADA4E00ADD.JPEG

After

IMG_5016.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom