Horn start blowing and won't stop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Attached is the horn circuit for an 04LX. There are three horns (2 horns behind the grill, the theft deterrant horn is on the passenger side of engine bay between air filter box and firewall), do you know which horn is going off?

Attachments

• 038 Horn.pdf
    13.2 KB · Views: 364
  • G - Component Location.pdf
    392.6 KB · Views: 368
This just happened to me in a recent storm. I know water gets in and sometimes I feel drops of water when going thru the carwash. Is there a way to seal up this leak?

Probably plugged sunroof drains. Multiple threads about it. Basically just remove sunroof and stick trimmer line or similar into each drain (one on either side. Front left and front right). If that’s not the source then it’s generally a bad windshield seal.

Probably plugged sunroof drains. Multiple threads about it. Basically just remove sunroof and stick trimmer line or similar into each drain (one on either side. Front left and front right). If that’s not the source then it’s generally a bad windshield seal.
No need to remove sunroof. Open sunroof is good enough for front drains.

No need to remove sunroof. Open sunroof is good enough for front drains.

What about the rear drains? I've looked on here and can't find anything about how to clean them. I just noticed that there's water in my passenger footwell and I also notice a few drips of water on the back of the sunroof on the inside. Drips from the plastic trim. I figured if I am doing the front drains I might as well do the rear drains too? Even though I don't see any water drainage issue in the rear.

What about the rear drains? I've looked on here and can't find anything about how to clean them. I just noticed that there's water in my passenger footwell and I also notice a few drips of water on the back of the sunroof on the inside. Drips from the plastic trim. I figured if I am doing the front drains I might as well do the rear drains too? Even though I don't see any water drainage issue in the rear.
Drips from the plastic sunroof trim is probably not caused by a clogged drain (not saying you shouldn't snake your drains--sounds like they need it)--likely caused by a leak between the glass and the plastic sunroof surround. Can be sealed with weatherstrip adhesive around the glass/plastic junction or a leak-finding sealer like Capt. Tolley's (which I used after the weatherstrip adhesive approach slowed, but didn't stop, the drip).
This reminds me, I should probably reinstall my trim now instead of driving around with it sitting on the dash . . .

FML. Just last night I went to make sure it was locked with the keyfob and I hear this weird sound so I go out there and the passenger headlight is coming on and off and I can hear some clicking and it sounds like it's trying to signal the horn. I haven't taking it apart yet but I am sure the kickpanel is wet given how wet the carpet is.

Drips from the plastic sunroof trim is probably not caused by a clogged drain (not saying you shouldn't snake your drains--sounds like they need it)--likely caused by a leak between the glass and the plastic sunroof surround. Can be sealed with weatherstrip adhesive around the glass/plastic junction or a leak-finding sealer like Capt. Tolley's (which I used after the weatherstrip adhesive approach slowed, but didn't stop, the drip).
This reminds me, I should probably reinstall my trim now instead of driving around with it sitting on the dash . . .
I pulled the interior sunroof trim and it made it easy to see the leak... Looks like the rear one was definitely leaking from that "seam" in the seal around the glass...

This is after drenching the sunroof with a hose... Still doesn't explain the front wet carpet. I should have poured water down the drain before cleaning it, but I didn't. Took it through a car wash and also ran a hose on the roof and window for a few minutes and no water inside. Who knows...

1642656994762.png

Front carpet wet was definitely clogged drains for me, after I snaked them and confirmed by pouring water in the tray they were clear it's been dry since. But I also had the leak between the glass and trim start leaking earlier this fall too and running sealant around the glass to trim junction and in the seam areas that were separating stopped that one too.

Front carpet wet was definitely clogged drains for me, after I snaked them and confirmed by pouring water in the tray they were clear it's been dry since. But I also had the leak between the glass and trim start leaking earlier this fall too and running sealant around the glass to trim junction and in the seam areas that were separating stopped that one too.

When you snaked the drains, did much come back out? Or did it just push through? I used a super long pipe cleaner and when it came out there really wasn't anything on the brush end. I should have poured water down first.

I was surprised how far down I had to snake to clear my clog. I poured water in the tray first so it was just sitting there, then snaked until it cleared and started draining. Since I used an electrical wire, I never saw anything come back up, so I think I just broke up the clog and it flushed through.

I was surprised how far down I had to snake to clear my clog. I poured water in the tray first so it was just sitting there, then snaked until it cleared and started draining. Since I used an electrical wire, I never saw anything come back up, so I think I just broke up the clog and it flushed through.
Where does the water flow out of on the bottom end of things / where are the drains ? Do the front and rear drain out of the same area?

The drain is just through the pinch weld, there isn't really anything recognizable at the bottom. I believe the front dumps out just behind the front wheels. I'm not sure about the rear, but definitely not in the same place based on where the drain tubes lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom