hood won't open (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey guys...the hood on my K5 is stuck...when i pull the hood release i can feel it give and the release in the front works but it won't budge. guessing it is stuck. Any ideas?

That's what you get for buying a Chevy, LOL. But in all seriousness, give the hood a slap on top of the hood by the latch. I think your latch is just a bit stuck. Think of how Fonzi on Happy Days used to start the juke box.

tried that...i treated that hood like Ike treated Tina and it still won't budge. Thinking of shooting some wd40 up into the latch...see if that helps.

If you push down on the hood, does the catch re-catch itself where the hood release is under pressure again?

Can you lift the hood at all manually?

I have a K-5 too.:D

Your release cable may be broken at the front, and not really releasing the latch properly. We used to make hook tools out of discarded antennae to reach in there and open them up. A somewhat time-consuming and nerve-wracking job.

Bring it down to Visalia and I could try to get it open for you.

If you push down on the hood, does the catch re-catch itself where the hood release is under pressure again?

Can you lift the hood at all manually?

I have a K-5 too.:D

the hood isn't budging...it is not releasing it at all...the cable might be broken but i can feel that "pop" when i pull it...so guessing it is just stuck really bad.

Treat that hood like Bobby treated Whitney. If that won't open it, I don't know what will.

i took it down to the oil change place to see if they had any ideas...the guy walked out...tapped it 2 times and it popped open...i am not mechanically inclined:bang:

i took it down to the oil change place to see if they had any ideas...the guy walked out...tapped it 2 times and it popped open...i am not mechanically inclined:bang:

Nor at making up a more imaginative story!:p

What was that old commercial where the guy says something like "I've got three of my best men on it" and then the camera shows three guys sitting on the hood!

Was the guy at least named Bubba?

:clap:

Wait until Calico...you get a couple beers in my and the stories get much better :censor:

no...was pulling the hood...damn latch was just really stuck.

ok bill i have a 92 blazer the trick is pull the release youll hear pop...go to the hood just where the hood meets the top of grill area give a slite strike with the palm of your hand (fonzie) just to the right of center should open mine does this about 3 or 4 times a year...

james

Thanks James...i'm hoping the half a can of WD40 i shot on it will help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom