Hood Blackouts for FJC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.crawlorado.com
I Just did some Vinyl Hood Blackouts for FJ80's, Is anyone interested in one for your FJ??

I did some ruff measurements and we could do them for about $70 Each..

this is a photochop showing how they would look, These would be High Quality 3M Vinyl and should last 8 years..
FJC-Test-Photo.jpg

Might be more obvious if you chose a different color FJC. Say Blue? Yellow? White?

Do you mean roof blackout? Unless that is a TRD, I'd say the black roof looks pretty good. I too can't see anything different about the hood. Doesn't make much sense to blackout a black truck!

I was planning on the local graphics shop on doing this. I have lights on the roof rack and get a lot glare off of the Sun Fusion hood. I was quoted $108. for a one off.

It would be nice to have FJ Cruiser cut out on the sides (like the one below, but not Dodge and possibly smaller) so the body color shows through.

DodgeChargerDaytonaHood-3.jpg

I'm in, as long as it's flat black.

-Ben

Yes they will be Flat Black.. someone send me a photo looking down on the hood of your FJC and i will photo chop it on there, i could not find any good photos of the top of the hood of an FJC.. (Isotel@hotmail.com)

I could Put FJ Cruiser into the blackout for an extra charge (or any other logo) But the basic one would just be one piece flat black, You need to pull out your Wiper Squirter's and cut a small hole.

Last edited:
Thanks FlyNdrive!

Basically they would sit just inside the hood line.. But i could make them however you guys want.. Maybe it would look beter if it sat 4" or so offset from the body line? (Smaller)

And The Matte Black on Glossy Black Paint Looks So Slick IMHO..
FJC-Test-PhotoYellow.jpg

Is this something you guys are interested in? I will only make them if i can get at least 2 people who want them!

What other web sites could i raise some interest on?

try the blue site ... fjcruiserforums.com

Is this something you guys are interested in? I will only make them if i can get at least 2 people who want them!

What other web sites could i raise some interest on?

What are they good for? just for looks? To increase the temperature in the engine compartment?

How permanent are these? One concern I have is when/if I sell the FJ (no plans but I am on my 32nd car in 22 years... so I have to be realistic). Is removing the vinyl as hard (impossible) as I'm assuming? Would a cling work better or as well as a sticker? Oh... should've asked - these do use adhesive right? If no... ignore all previous ramblings ;)

By the way, you're timing is amazing - I was talking to a friend who used to make stuff like this... then saw your post later the same day.

How permanent are these?

They can be taken off at any time, The longer you leave it on, the harder it will be to remove, but there are lots of products out there specifically designed to remove vinyl adhesive..

Yes the material is adhesive backed

By the way, you're timing is amazing - I was talking to a friend who used to make stuff like this... then saw your post later the same day.

:bounce: this sort of thing has been happening a lot lately! :cheers:

Im interested, but isnt this something that would be better off to have applied by a pro? I figure it would be pretty hard to put on something this big without alot of bubbles.

Yes, I would recommend that you have a local shop do it.. its not too hard, but if your not confident have someone else do it.. I believe the Freg (on the 80 Series Section) paid $30 for a local shop to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom