Honest and reliable mechanic in Raleigh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to get some extensive maintenance done on my 97 Land Cruiser and want to know who you all use in the triangle area. I've taken it to a couple so called cruiser experts and have been extremely unhappy with the service they have provided. Any suggestion you have would really help me out. Thanks yall!!

Derek at 55 Auto Works
206 Premier Dr
Holly Springs, NC

He took care of my 2007 LC.
Started overheating so I took it to local Firestone who after two visits with the same issue said new water pump. Botched the repairs and didn’t put it back together correctly, warped the heads.
I went to Derek who replaced the heads (under warranty due to Firestone claim) and got it running right again.
Took it back to him to install Slee lift and shocks.
I have been very happy with his work so far.

Renaissance auto. Jay.

What are you looking to get done?

Tagging along on this.

Those (@uzj100 @suboptimusprime ) that recommended Jay @ Renaissance Auto. I need CVs done (would do it myself but street park on a fairly busy street in Durham), would he be your go-to for that as well?

Tagging along on this.

Those (@uzj100 @suboptimusprime ) that recommended Jay @ Renaissance Auto. I need CVs done (would do it myself but street park on a fairly busy street in Durham), would he be your go-to for that as well?

I have a 100 and jay def knows his way around our weird hub/bearing setups. I’ve not had this done with him and am debating trying myself esp if I can get a more experienced hand in return for beer or bike wrenching.

Jay did my TB and rack which were beyond what I have time, patience and capability to tackle

Jay and Co. did my TB, steering rack, lift install back in 2012, no issues. I’ve since graduated to doing all work and recent TB job, complete suspension/CV Refurb myself, but would trust them over any other shop in town.

Maybe you’re already prepared, but would have new flanges installed, and provide them with an assortment of snap rings for tight fit, new oil seals for the differential, ensure they’re greasing the needle bearings (borrow my slee tool if you wish).

Overall, just refer to Paul’s (2001LC here on Mud) thread and his youtube and you’ll be prepared 👍.

I just made an appointment with him today to install steel braided brake lines next week.

Jay’s team hooked it up for me today. Thanks to everyone for the recommendation
Same here. Jay's a cool dude. Straight up and honest with his customers. Definitely will go back to him to get more things done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom