Honda EM500 , is it useful for anything (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
here is an old generator that was given to me, would it be useful for anything ?
i am thinking about mounting it to my camping trailer along with a deep cycle

any thoughts. it runs but i have not plugged anything into it yet

IMG_0073 (Medium).JPG

no, not useful for anything... you can give it to me... :)

OK, OK. Figure out how noisy it is and that will tell you already if it can be useful for camping...

Looks like it would keep your battery charged. I'd guess it is louder than the EU1000 but if you run it mid day it shouldn't bother other to much.

I have owned a Honda 650 generator for almost 25 years. Very similar unit and is very quiet. We used it at night in the winter to help take the load off the camper batteries. If your more than a dozen feet away it won't bother anyone, day or night.

It will run small appliances or a battery charger. It also has a built in battery charger that put's out around 8 amps. Good units, run around 5 hours on 3/4 gallon of gas.

Use it.

Doug

Yep perfect unit to charge a battery. Like said before run it during the day should have no issues with others. Damn, given to you, nice!

Nice Jeff !
I have not even tried mine again since I started this thread. I got it all fixed up and running. Drained all the fuel and put it back on the shelf where it has been sitting ever since the hardest part I had was unplugging the jet. It was plugged solid and the hole is super tiny almost invisible. I soaked the jet for a week finally it was unplugged. Don’t mess it up. The hole is so small you won’t find anything to push through it to unclog it. Cheers.

I find most jets i can unplug with a strand from a wire brush. The large wooden type. Bigger jets you can also use oxy tip cleaner sets but be careful as its easy to keep pushing the next size through until its too big.

I found an EM500 in my parents belongs when they passed away. I've got it running some what, I think it needs a carburetor replacement. I would like to hear from anyone who knows where I can get a rebuilt cab., replacement or substitute replacement.

I found a EX 500 , that should be the model just after yours , great generator , light 8 kg , small , just what you need to charge the battery in case you are low on power .
0,8 L of gas , will last 4 H approx . So also very economical and small tank of extra gas is needed .
I found it the best solution for overlanding trips.
Of course this kind of generator is not intended to drive tools , welders ecc.
But you save a lot in space ,weight .
Pity Hond has decided to stop production of it .

I have a 600, bought it at a vintage motorcycle swap meet Years ago.

It runs good and is great for a portable fan, charging phones, etc. and will charge a battery etc. with a dedicated circuit.

They produced a 300 or smaller in the 60’s that are the size of a lunchbox and sought after by collectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom