Builds Homer's 2003 GX470 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m trying to schedule appointment. I’ll post the before and after pictures once it’s done.

Here’s the before. It’s level with axle on drivers side but about two inches higher on passenger side.

View attachment 2964347View attachment 2964348
Ah. Yeah, gotcha. Thx

That's what I'll kick your rear axle to the passenger with lift...
Psyched to see the brackets in though. 🤙🏼

Before…

CF429A23-5DD0-45AE-9C01-C344C60E8FA8.jpeg

And after….
09AEA9B4-0B7A-49A7-8F04-F9884EB9FCF6.jpeg
F3AD3DF7-D3D7-4B01-8872-DDC8504E809C.jpeg
8823C985-EFDF-42B5-B9F7-A22E85EC55A3.jpeg
02D5ACEE-B698-4CAA-B499-D2703D219D69.jpeg

E0AECF11-7D70-4E7E-9646-04AF4D528D77.jpeg

Last edited:
Auxbeam 3” spot lights were $109/pair on amazon plus tax. 40w and 4800 lumens per light. 6000k color

Looks bright in driveway. Amber lenses come with it too. I have them in glove box but yiu need to take off hex screws off to replace clear lenses with amber lenses.

D1C4E91D-32AF-441D-9739-E97627A4F0DA.jpeg

3707FE0A-87A5-4C1D-BE8A-8B060C0804C6.jpeg

A6539F6D-F722-4A5C-B2E5-73ED5F7145AC.jpeg

D6783DFC-FC4F-4FCD-9C3D-EA88E5D8806B.jpeg

10507382-503E-4FE6-9A71-C4C29F27F2A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Ordered a second 3-gal Rotopax. I was surprised this one came with an internal built-in filter that prevents a replacement spout (one that works) from storing inside the tank.

The first unit I ordered last year did not have such built-in filter. Not sure if it’s a required filter to prevent spout replacement but the included spout is very difficult to use and gasoline doesn’t flow out easily.

ADE3C697-6CF8-4A9D-BC4C-AE784D5820F9.jpeg

D2B31438-60AE-4B01-8CAB-F595BA9D6F9F.jpeg

Last edited:
Warning: on that new rotopax built-in filter, it was also very slow to fill up with gas. The gas pump nozzle kept stopping because it would think it’s full even though it was empty. The filter acts like a funnel and the flow of gas is restricted and interrupts the pump.

I filled up both containers side by side and the old rotopax without the filter filled up quickly without stopping too much. The new one took about 4x the effort due to the nozzzle stopping the gas every second unless you can trickle the gas super slow from the pump and we know in California those gas pumps have anti over-fill mechanisms.

Annoying. Have to figure out how to cut that internal built in filter

Last edited:
Warning: on that new rotopax built-in filter, it was also very slow to fill up with gas. The gas pump nozzle kept stopping because it would think it’s full even though it was empty. The filter acts like a funnel and the flow of gas is restricted and interrupts the pump.

I filled up both containers side by side and the old rotopax without the filter filled up quickly without stopping too much. The new one took about 4x the effort due to the nozzzle stopping the gas every second unless you can trickle the gas super slow from the pump and we know in California those gas pumps have anti over-fill mechanisms.

Annoying. Have to figure out how to cut that internal built in filter
Same issues here. My old Rotopax don’t have that damn white screen. Other spouts (as in the vented, yellow spouts for their water cans) fit perfectly and flow fuel quickly and without spilling.
My 2 newest RotoPax both have the white screens, as do every new roto I’ve been inspecting in stores.
The screen prevents the longer yellow spouts from being used, so the horrible, 4-hands to operate black spout must be used. Slow to pour, and good luck not spilling fuel.
I talked with a customer Service person at RotoPax about this, she *thought* that they were just pressed in and could be removed. I’m not sure about that…they look kind of “integrated” into the surrounding red material.
She also told me that the screens were introduced so that people couldn’t run the other spouts…because they weren’t approved by C.A.R.B. and other agencies.
As to the point about difficulty filling up the new cans, Yep. Filled two yesterday…old style and new.
Old took the 2.0 gallons it always takes. New? 1.7, and took multiple “clicks” of the fuel nozzle to get there.
Thanks RotoPax. Thanks C.A.R.B.
And a special thanks to all the wacked environmentalists who dictate these ineffective mandates upon us.

Nearly Half the volume but same price as a scepter. . . . 🤷‍♂️ BUT With all the problems of $#!++y C.A.R.B fuel cans.

Sorry USA, you blew this one! 😫

I'll shout-out @VidereStudios here again. Mud's reliable, NEW scepter sourcer[er]!

There’s a lack of accessories to mount the scepters to a gobi ladder. That’s the main reason I didn’t get scepter (and the fact that they are hard to get in Cali). I know scepters are superior and love that form factor.

After I empty my new rotopax with the white filter, I’m going to take a long sharp knife or a chisel and remove that piece of crap filter. I also wasn’t able to put more than 2.7 gallons even though it’s supposed to take 3 gallons.

My older 3-gal rotopax which is a little bloated after two uses, takes 3.06 gallons!

There’s a lack of accessories to mount the scepters to a gobi ladder. That’s the main reason I didn’t get scepter (and the fact that they are hard to get in Cali). I know scepters are superior and love that form factor.

After I empty my new rotopax with the white filter, I’m going to take a long sharp knife or a chisel and remove that piece of crap filter. I also wasn’t able to put more than 2.7 gallons even though it’s supposed to take 3 gallons.

My older 3-gal rotopax which is a little bloated after two uses, takes 3.06 gallons!
Please report back post-surgery. Method, technique, and level of success.
I need to do something similar.
Good luck!

Might have to set that new one out in the sun for a few days with some fuel in it.

I use Wavian/NATO style Jerry cans myself but they still have the stupidly frustrating nozzles to use. I get around it by using a safety siphon which actually means I never have to take the cans off their mount ever. Wonder if that'd work the same with these rotopax or if the screen is a complete blockage?

link:
Safety Siphon

I just may borrow that idea!

I have the NATO nozzle for my Jerry cans (which we affectionately used to refer to as a Donkey Dick in the Army) and it works great, but that safety siphon just might be a more versatile tool that would work with any fuel can and cut down on parts in my drawer.

How's the flow rate?

I just may borrow that idea!

I have the NATO nozzle for my Jerry cans (which we affectionately used to refer to as a Donkey Dick in the Army) and it works great, but that safety siphon just might be a more versatile tool that would work with any fuel can and cut down on parts in my drawer.

How's the flow rate?

It flows pretty quick honestly. A few minutes for all 5 gallons. Just know which way the tube naturally bends so you can push it up against the side of the can to get it as far down as possible. I've thought about carrying a metal tube to put it in so it goes all the way down but have yet to do that. I figure the last bit left in the can is my "reserve for the reserve" haha. I do wish the tube was a couple feet longer though I suppose it would be easy to splice a few extra feet of hose onto it with a brass barb.

First time hearing about safety siphons. Found a web site for safety siphons and they sell a 10-foot one. They have a video on how it works. See link below.

Doesn’t look like it would work with the new rotopax integrated filter.

Last edited:
First time hearing about safety siphons. Found a web site for safety siphons and they sell a 10-foot one. They have a video on how it works. See link below.

Oh heck yeah good to know. Ive been getting by with a 6’ one for too long

Oh heck yeah good to know. Ive been getting by with a 6’ one for too long
😘

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom