Homebrew Drawer with Roller Fridge Floor and Slide out Table (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeCKis300

GOLD Star
Threads
I've resisted going down the cargo drawer path. Recently removed half the 3rd row to gain additional space. Trying to downsize, simplify, and organize better. Maximize functionality with a slide out drawer, slide out fridge, and slide out table. In as minimal space and weight as possible.

I've decided to redirect from an off-road trailer build so need better space utilization in the vehicle to host backcountry camping. A major reason is that I already own a 28' travel trailer which we often use on trips as a base station, to then venture further off-road for 1-3 days at a time. For that style of trip, I can't have both trailers with me.

Watching my buddies with off-road trailers, honestly more is just more and it's not necessarily easier to setup. Technical off-roading is surely not easier with a trailer in tow. Sometimes less is more in my mind.

Sneak peak of finished project:
1662955807961.png

Goals of the drawer
  1. Better gear management around the camping fridge. Stacking things on top of fridge isn't ideal, so harvest space below. Also would like it reachable when underway and when camping.
  2. Slide out drawer, slide out fridge tray, slide out table
  3. Light weight and maximize space utilization
  4. Easy removal

1662268395918.png

Construction is welded aluminum extrusions. Frame bracket is steel, contoured to the floor to minimize lost space to structure. Not completely done and still need a couple more finishing details with carpet, tie downs, and table slide, but it's functionally there.

1662268110879.png

1662268696287.png

Last edited:
Bracket slides on the seat brackets and uses two existing bolts. Whole drawer and bracket can come out in a few minutes.

1662268894689.png

1662268953634.png

1662268653502.png

Fridge can be reached from second and third row passengers while underway.
1662269096803.png

Sneak peak at house battery project also underway. Got some interesting things to share with some new integration possibilities.
1662269354705.png

Slide out table can be oriented in several ways
1662955928110.png

1662955981445.png

1662956013939.png

Nice Job! (echoing the parts list/source request)

Awesome work!

I’ve been mentally preparing for something very similar. One idea I’m toying with is custom drawers all the way across, but with a special top to allow me to quickly remove the fridge and replace it with a normal drawer top.

I’ve got a similar house battery setup in the side area. Look forward to seeing what you’ve got cooking!

What were your thoughts on a drop down fridge solution?

Don't have much of a parts list as I used mostly leftover material and aluminum extrusions I have around the garage. Lots of 2.5" angle, 2" T-section, and some bar stock.

Here's the slides I used
Amazon product ASIN B08YY839QC
What were your thoughts on a drop down fridge solution?

Worth considering depending on how your setup sorts out. Including the height (lift) of the overall vehicle. Ergonomics and usability was important to keep the fridge height in easy reach, both while underway from the interior and at camp. AHC helps a ton to drop that height down 2" at camp. I originally wanted the slide to be the same height as the battery deck, but compromised to keep it reachable. To you question, a fridge drop down maybe part of the solution but that adds size, weight, and complexity to the trades.

It's been working out well and I like the flexibility. Pulling the fridge out still makes for a cavernous space to haul stuff. Depending on trip, I'll also reverse the fridge to be closer to the tailgate.

A couple more pics.

1687453724964.png

1687453815808.png

Always a fan of your contributions, @TeCKis300.

Are there any concerns with partially blocking the rear HVAC intake?

Thx!

Yes, having enough breathing room is important. Probably can't tell but the battery stands off the intake wall by 3/8. The beauty cover has voids and gaps all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom