Home-made bumper out of an old Network Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1980cj40

3G Taco Waco
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
A little bit of some background. I am an all-around rig lover. Jeeps, Dodge, Toyota. It doesn't matter. One of my current projects is a 2019 Tacoma OR. Sliders, cat protection, tune, and other mods. The latest mod has been a winch and a homemade front bumper. I set out with a few goals with it.
1. No cutting of the factory bumper
2. Hide a 10k winch
3. Keep it light. (came out to be around 70lbs with winch)
4. Keep it strong (3/16 and 10gauge steel)
5. Keep costs down
I believe I hit all of the goals the first time out. There is still more work to be done and I plan on finishing it up this winter when the local trails are closed. But it is done enough to rock it around town and the trails. I have a viewer that is sending me some red D-ring Shackles so the looks will be better soon. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions to make it better.

Write-ups are great and Pics are great but I love videos. I think it brings out the emotion a bit better. (Admin let me know if the 3rd party link is OK)

Really great job! I’ll take one to go. =)

A little bit of some background. I am an all-around rig lover. Jeeps, Dodge, Toyota. It doesn't matter. One of my current projects is a 2019 Tacoma OR. Sliders, cat protection, tune, and other mods. The latest mod has been a winch and a homemade front bumper. I set out with a few goals with it.
1. No cutting of the factory bumper
2. Hide a 10k winch
3. Keep it light. (came out to be around 70lbs with winch)
4. Keep it strong (3/16 and 10gauge steel)
5. Keep costs down
I believe I hit all of the goals the first time out. There is still more work to be done and I plan on finishing it up this winter when the local trails are closed. But it is done enough to rock it around town and the trails. I have a viewer that is sending me some red D-ring Shackles so the looks will be better soon. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions to make it better.

Write-ups are great and Pics are great but I love videos. I think it brings out the emotion a bit better. (Admin let me know if the 3rd party link is OK)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom