Hold fast... even if dreams changed they come true. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's by far harder to find a wife that supports the addiction and ALSO waxes the land cruiser, FAR harder than just finding a very clean Land Cruiser.

Welcome. Don't change the color. If it isn't maroon or dark green the color is great. Those two are the only two that should ever be painted. :flipoff2:

And welcome to mud!:flipoff2:

decco, funny story about Catherine. I tried to put a ring on her finger and she threw it out the window of the RV about six years ago. The chick is some kind of radical for sure. She rebuilt her Volkswagen engine with her own hands as a teenager. She always admired the 80 series specifically as she got a little older. Check this out, I nearly put her in a LX570 at the beginning of the year but she pined for the 80 and thus here we are. How I wound-up in the company of force like her is beyond a coherent narrative... so if she wants to travel the countryside and reach distant summits I can do nothing but follow and hold on for the ride. Its definitely a thrilling ride which on occasion puts me in good company. Case in point; becoming a member of Mud.

Last edited:
Great score. Welcome to the addiction.

Welcome. Don't change the color. If it isn't maroon or dark green the color is great. Those two are the only two that should ever be painted. :flipoff2:

And welcome to mud!:flipoff2:

Thanks. Its a great community. I have been lurking on Mud for at least a couple of years prior to finally acquiring Catherine’s 80.

I feel especially privileged that the 80 serves as the last solid axle iteration of such an iconic and historic vehicle. What’s odd about that whole deal is that aside from 911s, ’64 SS Malibus, ’66 SS Novas and LC’s (maybe Tesla will come to make the rank) I really have no love for cars. I grew-up in the business and on the whole I found cars to be disposable and otherwise uninteresting. In fact, the Isle of Man TT is the only motorsport that I look forward to each year.

But LS1FJ40, I was chatting with Kernal and in the midst of our conversation it became apparent that the paint should be a secondary concern. It seems that if I am headed for a lifestyle of perpetual poverty I should probably address twenty year old seals, hoses and the like first (I definitely want, after seeing jcardona1’s images, the insulation of the harness under the manifold rewrapped). jcardona1’s 110+ page thread has been the harbinger of the current rationale.

But again, this community is to my taste and I have long wanted to be part of such a community. Very Cool.

Take it EZ.

Last edited:
One woman’s joy and from that an affirmation of a life begins anew.

This thread will mark the progress and adventures of a woman and her rig. In a nod perhaps to Marlowe or Homer, Catherine has pronounced that the rig has been named; Helen. As in; “...a face that launched a thousand ships.”

To the Mud community, thanks in advance. Perhaps toward the end of the year (2016) the thread will pop-up once more on the feed.

IMG_0187.jpg

Yeah, there are a million things to be anal retentive about before I would even think about spending thousands of $$ on paint. My 93 is dark green (second worst color) and the clear was all peeling on the hood and roof. I spray painted the hood and roof. As I say "It looks less s***ty now".

Seals, hoses, belts, motor mounts, body mounts, bushings, springs, wiring harness, bumpers all came or will come before paint (unless I actually pull the trigger and monstaline it).

Don't use Jose's (aka @jcardona1) rig as the benchmark. You're screwed if you do. His rig is incredible. It is on my Mt. Rushmore of 80s.

...I know, lol, the kid (Jose) is certifiable for sure but as a now departed old-timer, who I loved like a father, once tried to express to me; If we spot madness in others chances are we have a touch of it ourselves.

Anyway, thanks for touching base LS1FJ40. Glad to chat. I know you have been at this for a while so I follow your lead.

Thanks.

We are all weary and short of breath. Today we bid farewell to the gentlest beast ever to keep our company.

The night before her untimely passing we took her for a ride and with her head out of the rear slider I can say, she was happy.

Farewell Shadow--we all loved you so very much.

IMG_2897.jpg

Saddened to hear about the passing of Shadow.

Labor day Holiday 2016.

IMG_2986.jpg

Murphy. He is somewhat cross-eyed but nevertheless a good dog.

IMG_3066.jpg

Somewhere near CJ Strike, Idaho. A family solitude was the order of the day.

IMG_3658 (1).jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

Catherine can descend like a champ--ascending, well, she’s working on it.
IMG_3640.jpg
IMG_3052.jpg

The gnats and winged bugs were out in full force--they dotted the entire headliner at one point.
IMG_3693.jpg

All and all, it was a bittersweet week, one can never really know what’s around the next bend...
perspective undoubtedly plays a significant if not a vital role.

Wishing all of you and those that you may love a phenomenal close to the final months of 2016.

Lastly, Catherine wants to extend to all the local Mud members a warm thanks for waving at her when she is out and about. She’s getting a sticker for Helen this Christmas.

Last edited:
2020; A decision made, 12mo.North American expedition. Resolute and resolved.

F#@*ing expensive tho.

Heading deep into the threads. I’ll be an actual member Mud by the end of the week.

We owe the community at least that much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom