HJ61 Cable lockers need help for rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
Hello maybe this is not the right place to ask this but i am getting a little desperate:crybaby:

Hello i am currently rebuilding 2 HJ61 FullFloater axles whith original toyota cable lockers.One problem is that the bearings from the carrier seem to be different from all the other toyota axles,they are also shim adjusted instead of nut adjusted.The old bearings that came out of the axles are Koyo but the part number on the inner ring is 32012JR-N while the outer part says 32012J/1B-N .I drove all over the country here and every store sells bearings with the same outer and inner diameter but the whidt is different:bang:on shopkeeper even proposed to make from 3 different bearings one that looks similar:doh::censor::mad:

So does anybody has more info on this or knows where to order them(Toyota in Panama didn't have them ,delivery time aprox 6weeks:whoops:)so anywhere in the states or europe where they are available please let me know,so i can mount them under my BJ:steer:

If anybody has the numbers from SKF or other quality bearings every info is welcome

'mud user Dogboy2 had a pair of HJ-61 cable locker axles that I think were for sale. Not sure. It would be worth a PM.

'mud user Dogboy2 had a pair of HJ-61 cable locker axles that I think were for sale. Not sure. It would be worth a PM.

I already have the complete axles with lockers but i am putting in 4.88 R&P and i want to completely rebuild the axles and replace all the bearings with new ones.

So i just need to find the bearings for the carrier all the rest i already bought

I already have the complete axles with lockers but i am putting in 4.88 R&P and i want to completely rebuild the axles and replace all the bearings with new ones.

So i just need to find the bearings for the carrier all the rest i already bought

Try Mud member Japan4x4. He is in Japan and can usually source these things.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/members/japan4x4.html

The toyota part # for the carrier bearings with diff lock are

90366-60002

Good luck

The toyota part # for the carrier bearings with diff lock are

90366-60002

Good luck

Thanks but the Toyota dealer here in Panama is a cheap bugger,he has absolutely nothing in stock and tells me that i could be up tp 6 weeks delivery time plus approx 200usd/piece:mad:

That is why i want to find an aftermarket set that is available on short notice,i send a mail already to cruiseroutfitters and am waiting for their reply.

Anybody has an idea where else to get these???????

Here are some pics
allerlei 019-800.jpg
allerlei 048-800.jpg
allerlei 050-800.jpg

hey dude .. sometimes you din't hate Panamá .. ? don't you ..

good luck dude !

Well David as long as the sun shines i'm a happy dude you know:banana::cheers:

Problem solved:cheers:

Special thanks to -Dave @ Japan 4X4 and Kurt @ Cruiseroutfitters

I ordered them from Cruiseroutfitters because they have them in stock and can get them to me the quickest:clap:

I will do later a complete tread on the buildup from my axles

I thought I'd been told that the 61 cable lockers used a different locking collar design than the 80 elockers, such that they aren't susceptible to the broken long spline shaft carnage issue....

.... but those look like they use exactly the same mechanism...

??

I thought I'd been told that the 61 cable lockers used a different locking collar design than the 80 elockers, such that they aren't susceptible to the broken long spline shaft carnage issue....

.... but those look like they use exactly the same mechanism...

??

Anyone?

The collars are the same for the 80 and 60...

Part interchange:::32012 j/1b

HI There, so I have the same problem as JoeKATANA.... 32012 they sell around doesnt seem to fit, does anyone was the part number in timken or koyo that works...or any other brand...
cheers

I am currently rebuilding a factory cable locker diff center here in Australia.
Yes, they use the same pinion bearings but much bigger, and very expensive side bearings.
I bought a Terrain Tamer branded bearing rebuild kit through allfourx4 here in Australia.
Terrain Tamer make rebuild kits for them with part number DK3DL (this is just a bearing repair kit no shims or anything).
The side bearings have a Koyo part number 32012JR-N/1BN Dimensions: OD: 95.00mm ID: 60.00mm Width: 26.50mm
Pinion bearings (which are the same as a normal open wheel diff:
Big bearing : Koyo part number: 303008DJ-N Dimensions: OD: 90.00mm ID: 40.00mm Width: 27.00mm
Small bearing : Koyo part number: HC30306DJ Dimensions: OD: 72.00mm ID: 30.00mm Width: 21.00mm
Unfortunately there does not seem to be a Toyota or aftermarket repair manual available anywhere.
The center is real pain to rebuild, given that it uses shims for side adjustment, and those shims seem to be very difficult to source.

FactoryLockerSideBearingPartNumber.jpg

DiffCenterRebuildKit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom