HJ60 fuel tube above rear shock support (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

georgebj60

SILVER Star
Threads
There is a fuel tube that runs the width of the vehicle above the rear shock support tube. Both my HJ60 and FJ60 had one, but the one in my HJ60 was rusted beyond recognition. I am using the FJ60 version in my HJ swapped truck, but can anyone say for certain how this tube connected to the tank or vapour separator? I can't find any diagrams that detail this out, and I don't have any surplus connection points on either the tank or separator. Here is the image from Partsouq for the HJ60 tube in question.

Anyone know?

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 22.02.36.png

HJ60 tank.. one tube out for the pickup.. (ignore the welding gun in the pic)..

1684824514163.png

FJ60 two tubes out, one pickup, one return..

1684824563246.png

But the return line of the FJ60 doesn't connect to this tube as far as I can tell. What does this long, squiggly tube connect to? It seems to be part of the fuel vapour separator system, but not sure how it connects.

Hi Georgebj60,

the breather tube you are talking about is connected to the top of that plastic separator which sits in the RH rear behind the panel. It is venting that one.
It is connected via a non return valve (shown here, my HJ had it) and than goes through a connector before ist actually linked to the pipe you mentioned.
If mine would be rusted - I would just use a hose running to the same location.
Hope that helps.
Cheers

Breather Pipe.PNG

Here are the complete pictures.
77256 in the second picture is a bit shorter than your version but the same pipe . To prevent blocking it ends through a grommet inside the chassis.
breather hose 1.PNG
breather hose 2.PNG

@relaxedcruiser , thank you for your reply. I'll go back and look to see if I can connect mine up the way your diagrams show. I'll report back once I've had a chance to look further.

This is how it should be connected.
Mine has rusted out 20 years ago so i just capped the connection pipe while mounting a bigger tank No issues att all.
The other side of the piping is routed through a grommet in to the body structure strenghtening frame.
2014-07-19 10.13.21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom