HJ60 Ambulance door problem/question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just aquired an awesome HJ60 that used to belong to @apocalypsegrrrl and @englechad .. One of my favorite features of the Aussie truck is that it has ambulance doors in the back.

My wife and I want to install a tow bumper with a swing out tire and gasoline rack. But with the ambulance doors I don't think it will work. I haven't seen a single picture of a truck with ambulance doors with a tow style bumper. Does anybody know?

It occured to me that with the swinging ambulance doors I really dont need the tow bumper. I could mount the spare tire directly on the left ambulance door and then the gas can carrier on the right. But again, I can't find anything that even resembles this idea. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

You might want to reach out to Jason at trail taylor, check the vendor threads, or PM @reevesci
Cheers, and welcome to the mudsanity!

Pardon my ignorance. How do those work/look? Would it allow the ambulance doors to open to at least 90 degrees? How much does that normally run?

Thanks!

Arms work independently of the ambi doors. Each arm would have to be unlatched to swing and then open your door.Swing arms would go beyond 90 degrees so the doors will not hit them.

Prices vary, pending options. It would look the same as all my other 60 rear bumpers, except the swing arms would be 50-50 so you can open one side while the other stays closed.

J

Last edited:
Arms work independently of the ambi doors. Each arm would have to be unlatched to swing and then open your door.Swing arms would go beyond 90 degrees so the doors will not hit them.

Prices vary, pending options. It would look the same as all my other 60 rear bumpers, except the swing arms would be 50-50 so you can open one side while the other stays closed.

J

That sounds great @reevesci but the ambulance door wouldn't be able to open all the way right? Wouldn't the hinge on the bumper block the door in some way? That's my biggest concern.

That sounds great @reevesci but the ambulance door wouldn't be able to open all the way right? Wouldn't the hinge on the bumper block the door in some way? That's my biggest concern.

See my 70 rear bumpers in my photo gallery or in my "Sale Thread" in my signature line. They are the same concept and what you can expect.

J

See my 70 rear bumpers in my photo gallery or in my "Sale Thread" in my signature line. They are the same concept and what you can expect.

J
Ok. They look great. Now for the big question... How much for one with the tire on the right and the cans on the left? I think that set up makes the most sense since it's a right hand drive. Don't you? @reevesci

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom