HJ60 2H Radiator question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning,

I had my original 2H radiator repaired about 4 years ago or so and it’s now leaking at a couple of seams towards the top. It was repaired by an older gentleman locally well known and recommended. With the assumption that it’s at end of life, I’ve been researching a new radiator.

I’ve really only been able to find either an aluminum (plenty of options on EBay) or an ‘original’ looking radiator Here.

I really want to try and keep original appearance but +$400 seems high.

So two questions, 1) are there any more affordable options for an ‘oem’ style?
2) Have any of you replaced your original with an aluminum? If so, are you happy with it and did it install with no mods? I’m worried about buying one and then having to do more work to make it fit.

Thanks for your help!

I’m about to send it and purchase the one above while I wait to find a shop that will recore my old one. Every shop I’ve called here in El Paso said they can’t do it.

I’ll let you know how fitment goes!

Some run champion aluminum radiators on 12HTs. Pinging @CenTXFJ60

I’m about to send it and purchase the one above while I wait to find a shop that will recore my old one. Every shop I’ve called here in El Paso said they can’t do it.

I’ll let you know how fitment goes!
I am planning on getting the aluminum also... I am in NH and will let you k now how I fare. The link you posted is for an FJ.

Just installed that one in my HJ60.
Fits like a glove.
Just needs a bigger size radiator cap.
20230522_182815.jpg

Just installed that one in my HJ60.
Fits like a glove.
Just needs a bigger size radiator cap.
View attachment 3371840
You mean the one posted by @seapotato ?
Also, did you order a rad cap? Other ones I were looking at voided warranty without proof of purchasing a new Rad Cap anyway, so I was planning to order that too.
I was able to get my current radiator (that was leaking where the inlet tank meets the core) soldered for the time being.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom