HJ47 troop carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok. I'm taking the plunge to get the aircon up and running. The aircon guy seems to permanently have the sh*ts but seems to know his stuff. He says of course he can get it running so long as I can find the missing pulley and offset (cult you were right) and right size fan belt. "Where can I get em and how much?" I ask. "Don't ask me, that's your problem!" Says he. (Told ya he has the sh*ts). He reckons it's completely aftermarket not dealer fitted and that unlike others it is entirely serviceable with spares and gaskets available.

I've mentioned before how well the PO has looked after this truck. Anyway there at the top of the box of bits and pieces that came with was the pulley and offset! Score 1. And underneath all sorts of things is a long fan belt. Score 2 ( maybe).

It's been pretty hot this year already. Reckon a bit of aircon will mean I can spend even more time enjoying the troopy.

Nice work mate. Do you want a hand to try and get that sucker on?

Thanks mate but no. Aircon guy will do it when he regases the unit. Pulley just bolts on. I appreciate the offer though. Looks like I'll have a bit of time off before Xmas, I was gonna ask if you needed a hand with anything, I might learn something in the process.

Haha you might learn several techniques guaranteed to be backwards, redneckish or just dead wrong, but no more :D

Got a chance to have a look at the dodgy speaker today so while the rural roof console was out I took the opportunity to address the lack of space for phones, wallets, sunnies etc. we cut some new holes in either side, sealed them up with some $1.50 lunch boxes (pink, I'm afraid) and painted the whole lot black. Speaker works too!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417340714.651237.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417340750.251413.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417340765.001288.jpg

Do you like my old school CB? Not much use but looks good.

Heyyyy looks good! I think you could have sprung for some clear lunch boxes, but in the spirit of your techniques Pete, I guess they're perfect.

I think it falls into the dead wrong category. Actually the flash and close-up shot makes it look pinker than it really is.

Hahaha oh well. 'Make no mod so great that it can't be unmodded.' Or so they say.

How'd you go in the window rattle department?

No developments there but I now have aircon! And she's COLD! Old mate had the pulley and fan belt in pretty easy, regassed it and found no leaks. I think he was pretty chuffed to be working on a classic.

Classic it is, ive been seeing a few post 1975 fj/hj 45/47 getting about lately. Dont remember the last time i seen a pre 75 fj45 on the road, but i do remember seeing a red 1963 column shift fj45 getting around local roads about 10years ago :)

Nice one! Does it rob you of a few neddies or are you still burning rubber in top? :D

Cult. Didn't notice any sort if drag on the motor but didn't get to drive too much today. Going back up to Bribie on Sunday so I'll check it out then. Any loss of speed will be made up for by that cool, cool air.

Cat. See a few utes of various ages, nothing too old, a couples of shorties but I actually haven't seen another troopy on the road since I bought mine. The kids get fooled by land rovers all the time though...

I actually ran into your lads out here yesterday mate. I'd always been pretty impressed with them in general and these blokes confirmed it. A train and a truck and dog dumped into their work area instead of ours. It's ok, it was only 200t..

There's a lot of good people with that mob but as of Friday I am not one of them. I'm officially "between jobs". It's all good though, I'm lined up to start the new job in jan so I've got a month off.

[QUOTE=" start the new job in jan so I've got a month off.[/QUOTE]

Troopy Time!

I used to live at The Gap, and my parents still do, and I've seen a few 40/45/47's getting round there. There's a blue 40 driven by a park ranger just near Hilder rd, a couple of utes off Payne Rd, and I use to see a pop top troopy every once in a while but haven't seen that recently.

There's a builder working up the road from me with a blue ute, so they are still earning there keep.

Cold aircon in the troopy sounds very impressive, especially if its getting into the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom