Hj47 in aus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
its been over a year since I bought it and so far all it's had is the engine and gearbox out, front panel taken apart and bonnet! As anyone would say it is a resolution to get work done on their cars for 2017. My goal is to fix all the rust and get it in top shape to further put the engine back in and go camping and fishing
So where does one start? My budget is not low but it also isn't expensive, I have time, and assessed the rig as much as I can ( I know that I'll need some sort of new floors ) but I also don't have anything to compare to! Any advice is appreciated, cheers! :beer:

Currently having a beer
IMG_1948.JPG

Welcome to the mudaddiction...

You got all a man needs, Looks like an extended cab 47, A bloody good shed, and what, a victa powered bmx... Ha

Cheers Gaz..........

You got all a man needs, Looks like an extended cab 47, A bloody good shed, and what, a victa powered bmx... Ha

Cheers Gaz..........
Haha yeah that is an old victa it's for fun times for the inner child in myself, though I do have a brew going on too!

Cheers Gaz..........

And a nice selection of steering wheels & columns ... wonderful garage wall art!!

Welcome to the addiction! That's a nice 47. So how did you become a Tide fan from all the way down there? Says the Alabama resident to the fella down under.

nice! another 47. can't wait to see stuff moving along. always wanted an ex mine duel cab 47. looks like you've got a tidy one, a major head start. enjoy.

Seats, engine & gearbox is out
Engine is super leaky suspect front Main and oil cooler leak and maybe sump.
Gearbox leaks also and will be using a 5 speed to put in place
Clutch has enough meat on it left to use until I swap out engines, machined flywheel
Picture taken before high pressure cleaner was used to get the sticky beach sand off the cab and possibly anything else. Seat rail has been welded in 1 spot

floor pans look they can't be saved so they will be cut out and I will put some flat 1.2 or 1.2mm steel in place, still wait to see if there's any floor left in the rear.

Cheers

IMG_2175.JPG

nice 47! any chance you could post up more pics of the extended cab? real interested in that.

that 2H engine looks like its seen better days! but they great and impossible to kill. or you could get a 12HT and enjoy all the benefits of the 2H and get some cool turbo noise as well :D

I think I will be boycotting the 12ht swap and might have something else on the cards later on
as long as it has a toyota badge on it :p

nice, a different style of extra cab than what ive seen and was planning, but very cool indeed

Going to have a good crack at it this year so decided to take windscreen panel off, has anyone repaired it this bad before. I have a 76’ tub that I could use to put in place of the 82 dash
64DF1111-1100-40D9-9BE8-1BC3557E3650.jpeg

6BCEF0CE-DDD3-46A7-8993-6445DC84C249.jpeg

4C5F706F-46CE-4266-987D-91B083D5EB36.jpeg

41EA0425-9F3A-41B2-A26D-F860BE69ABAE.jpeg

2ED2DC0E-9217-41A6-A8E9-42239E50A3B6.jpeg

Wow, thats nasty. Hows the rest of the cab? I'd be worried if that is what the cowl looks like. Repairable but yeah, bit of work in it. Good to see ya back at it mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom