History of the TLCA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kaderabek

GOLD Star
Threads
I'd like to officially announce that Tony Twiddy is working on an article chronicling the history of the TLCA. If you have editorial or visual content that you'd like to be considered please submit it directly to Tony:

tonytwiddy@yahoo.com

Please don't post it here. That is the absolute guaranteed way to ensure that it won't be included.

The deadline is as soon as you can submit it (and I'm keeping the rest of the details to myself).

Thanks, everyone.

TJK

I've been conducting interviews and I must admit, this is a lot of fun hearing the stories about the early days, clubs, events and other personal anecdotes.

I am looking for early Toyota Trails. I have borrowed some from various folks but still not located some the very early issues. If you can help and would trust me enough to loan them to me, I'd be very appreciative.

furthest back I go is about 1992 or so....I assume yer looking for older than that?

I think Treeroot has some of the older copys of Toyota Trails......

thanks Ige...

Between Ige and Mike Bennett, I have back to 87...

I have a couple more key calls/inquiries to make which I think will lead me to more treasures.

TRT2 said:
I've been conducting interviews and I must admit, this is a lot of fun hearing the stories about the early days, clubs, events and other personal anecdotes.

I am looking for early Toyota Trails. I have borrowed some from various folks but still not located some the very early issues. If you can help and would trust me enough to loan them to me, I'd be very appreciative.

Tony, Ben might be a good guy to talk to. Has some fun storys from back in the day of going to Moab and what not(He got married in Moab). He is on this board(LEXUSBEN). :beer:

TRT2 said:

Is THAT what we were doing last weekend? :flipoff2:

ya, kinda cool how I snuck that 'on trail' interview in with you, huh Mark.

and it wasn't till last week that I found out... well never mind what I found out, you'll have to read about like everyone else. shhhhh. but you kept quiet on some important facts.

Friends and fellow TLCA members...

While I don't want to spill the beans, I do want to let everyone here know that they can expect to see some pretty cool History stuff in an upcoming issue of Trails. And then even more in additional issues!

If you have sent me stuff (and you know who you are), TLCA and I still have it in our possession, are taking excellent care of it, and will be needing it a bit longer than originally planned... but it has proved invaluable to us.

Just a teaser... and an update for folks who lent us their goodies.

TRT2 said:
Friends and fellow TLCA members...

While I don't want to spill the beans, I do want to let everyone here know that they can expect to see some pretty cool History stuff in an upcoming issue of Trails. And then even more in additional issues!

If you have sent me stuff (and you know who you are), TLCA and I still have it in our possession, are taking excellent care of it, and will be needing it a bit longer than originally planned... but it has proved invaluable to us.

Just a teaser... and an update for folks who lent us their goodies.
Hey Tony, What kind of goodies are you looking for? First time I read this post is tonight, any old stuff I can help with? Thank's John Pardi, Toys On The Rocks, TLCA#1561

Tony

I'm looking forward to future installments. That stuff was great!

Eric V.

Tony-

Man, awesome job! It's cool to see the progress that the TLCA made in it's early years. Lots of dedication and hard work that continues today.

Thanks for putting that together, looking forward to the next chapter. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom