Hinton sand dunes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As of Monday evening

Confirmed for Friday:
-Jon and maybe Emma
-Jason and possibly his kids?
-Dean

Confirmed for Saturday:
-Kevin
-Marc
-Jeremy

Confirmed no shows:
-Deny
-Decoco

Still a hard maybe

I think Scott and I will be in convoy hopefully depart around 3 ish maybe later . Any meeting area or a better time?

I’m off work at 5, so if we can meet for 6:30 that would be awesome. I’ll have to go home and put on my makeup and evening wear. This is assuming it works for Jason as well. Hopefully he’ll pipe in soon.

For Friday arrivals let’s plan for a 6:30 meeting at the L&W restaurant.

For Saturday arrivals let meet at folding mountain brewery between 11-12.

If anyone can’t make those time frames post up here or send me a text and I can hopefully give some rough directions on how to find us. My number is1403-846-0972

Last edited:
We will shoot for that. Its Me, Lara, Elijah and our 2ish year old mutt, Pierce.

Last edited:
The good news is that we won’t have many bugs this weekend. The bad news is it is calling for 50-75mm of rain in Hinton today and showers all weekend. The even worse news is my windshield still leaks so the cab of my truck will be a swimming pool by tomorrow.

I’m going to recommend mud tires for this weekend.

Marc and I are planning on leaving Calgary around 3:30. Do you have an idea of where you plan to camp and we can roll-in a little later than you guys? Anyone have a VHF radio and a channel that you may be monitoring?

I'm now 80% out. Lots of stuff going on here and need to catch up.

Looks like I'll be on track to make the 630 meet for tomorrow, short day at work. Good radio is in the other truck unfortunately. I've got a commercial handheld i can keep around. Decent performance but very limited channel selection, call or text me at 705 7316714 and we can talk about it. 35's fit better than expected, so thats a bonus.

As of Thursday evening:

Confirmed Friday arrivals: Everyone but Tyler

Confirmed %20 might show up if the weather is nice: Tyler

Those who can meet at 6:30 will do so as planned at the L&W resturant in Hinton, we can get down to the dunes, find a place to camp, then we can try to find our way through the maze of trails a different way, back up to the highway to meet Kevin and Marc at roughly 9:30 at the intersection of hwy 16 and the wildhorse lake campground road. Kevin says he and Marc will be on VHF channel 146.445.

Rain is supposed to clear for tomorrow evening and all of saturday.

Also, bring some dry firewood if you have it.

Forecast keeps improving! As per John's original post, I'm gonna pack flip flops...

...inside my rubber boots. We are packed so should be ready to leave soon as the kids get home from school. 3:30ish.

Well no riding this weekend due to rain, and I just remembered this is happening, too late... s***

Pictures!!!!

Looks awesome

ah man that looks like a pretty good trip!
Now I really wish I had my sh*t together and could have made it out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom