Hinton sand dunes (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I want this trip to happen and even started looking at troopy problems to make him ready for such a an adventure

Manos suggestion of june 22-23 works for me as well. Let's call that our new date and get this trip going. There is a much lower chance it will snow that weekend.

Hey Jon, If I were to get all the stars to align, is there a place to park tow rig and trailer? It would be a long shot to make it, but gotta make goals right? ;)

There is plenty of room for tow rigs. You can park at my place or at my shop for safe keeping. We can also park it along the access road into the dunes if your cruiser isn't street legal. Just not quite as safe as there is a fair bit of activity along that road and lots of people camping/drinking.

Side note, you, Amanda and your pup always have a bed at our place if that makes it easier for you to make it down.

Is there a way for me to drive up friday afternoon/evening and set-up the tent trailer for the entire weekend? Even if we agree to a point on Google Maps and I will try to set up near there?

I’m sure we can figure something out Mano. There is always a way.

Manos suggestion of june 22-23 works for me as well. Let's call that our new date and get this trip going. There is a much lower chance it will snow that weekend.

I can likely make this work with my schedule and I am excited about going!

Unfortunately guys, I have to bow out of this one. There is a moto-trials event happening in central Alberta that is just way too much fun to pass up.

Jon, Tori and I will have to get out that way at some point this summer and see you guys!

I’m happy to hear of so many confirmations. Sounds like it’s going to be a good weekend.

How are people feeling for arrival time? Original plan was for meeting at the folding mountain brewery around noon then head down to the sand.

If we are willing, we could meet sooner to do a bit of wheeling in the area before heading down to the dunes. Just depends how far people are traveling and how early we want to wake up. We can also camp on Friday night as well depending on peoples schedules.

Norilsk, are you the guy I recommended to ih8mud on a Facebook page? Either way, we’re always happy to see new faces.

I’m happy to hear of so many confirmations. Sounds like it’s going to be a good weekend.

How are people feeling for arrival time? Original plan was for meeting at the folding mountain brewery around noon then head down to the sand.

If we are willing, we could meet sooner to do a bit of wheeling in the area before heading down to the dunes. Just depends how far people are traveling and how early we want to wake up. We can also camp on Friday night as well depending on peoples schedules.

Norilsk, are you the guy I recommended to ih8mud on a Facebook page? Either way, we’re always happy to see new faces.
Yep, I am the guy from FB with white tacoma.
So far the weekend for those days looks good for me(unless work piles up, fingers crossed it does not).
It looks like it will take about 3 hours to drive for me to the brewery from Edmonton area.

man I love that brewery but it's a dangerous proposition for me, let's meet there but I won't drink, tired of being pulled over.

Jon are you bringing your friend elevator tacoma key dude? I like that truck that needs to see some MUUUUUUUUD

Unfortunately guys, I have to bow out of this one. There is a moto-trials event happening in central Alberta that is just way too much fun to pass up.

Jon, Tori and I will have to get out that way at some point this summer and see you guys!

BRRRRRRRRRaaaaaaaap

Since I am in Hinton, I should probably get the 81 back together

Hey Jon, If I were to get all the stars to align, is there a place to park tow rig and trailer? It would be a long shot to make it, but gotta make goals right? ;)
Deny you could park it at my place

Thanks Ryan and Jon for the offers, but blew up my power steering this weekend and have to fix my leaking fuel tank before I do any more wheeling, and it will probably take me a while to get after that, although I did order a power steering pump rebuild kit already ;)

Deny, if you already have the rebuild kit coming, sounds like all you need is a bit of jb weld and your good to go. It will be good to see you again.

De coco, Chris won't be able to make it on this one but he really wants to get down there. The last time we tried to get him down to the dunes we crushed in 2 of the doors on his old Tacoma...we don't go that way anymore.

Lucky, if you need a hand pulling wrenches let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom