HIH9.1 in the Ozarks and/or Ouachita NF?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm sure everyone have been keeping up with the HIH9 registration thread in the 100 series forum....man that registration process was quite amusing to watch unfold🤣100 non-vendor trucks in under 2-3min?!? Some other members threw around the idea of possibly having multiple HIH9's at alternate locations around the country. So I figured why not pitch Arkansas considering we are "The Natural State"?? I posted my suggestion and within 10min I've had members from Madison, WI and Baton Rouge, LA message me and more every hour.

So....what do ya'll think? Organized group ride around the time frame of HIH9 in one of the Arkansas NF?? There seems to be a lot of interest around the idea.

9th Annual 100s In The Hills - Silverton, CO

Missed Out On Hundreds in the Hills? Let’s Talk

Last edited:
I’ve never heard of this event and I didn’t see a date. When is it? Yes to your organized ride.

@cyberfalco updated post #1 to include original HIH9 link

I would be up for any organized rides in the local area. I do not know the local trails and could use experienced trailers leading the way. Even if it is just a meet up for a short one day trip. I know there is a good trail near Oark Cafe that leads up to an old school but I have never been on it. I have seen it posted but do not know where it actually starts. I think it is behind the Catalpa Cafe.

We could potentially run a few portions of the High Water Mark Trail depending on the amount of rain we get this year. I doubt we would want to run the entire thing but maybe 2 solid days worth? That idea is entirely dependent on weather, and also whether people would like a new paint job or not - the Ozark trails can be hairy and tight but since when has that ever stopped you?

As for time frames that's still up for discussion - trying to plan it for coolish weather, few bugs, and no interference with other events/holidays may prove to be a little difficult.

Mardi Krawl: April 4-7
Memorial Day: May 27 (not a bad idea; 3-day weekend for those still in school just warm)
Father's Day: June 16 (also not a bad idea....also hot sometimes)
HIH9: July 24-49 (possibly do it the same time period as HIH?? Can be very hot and uncomfortable tent camping weather)
Labor Day: September 2 (also a good idea since a lot of people will get off work)
Southern Cruiser Crawl: October 10-13 (this is a guess based on last years dates; I haven't seen any posted for this year)
Muzzleloader Deer Season: October 20-28 & December 8-10 (not that this matters to me, however, the NF will be covered up)
Modern Gun Deer Season: Nov 10 - Dec 2 & Dec 26-28 (^^same as above)

Here are a couple of my suggestions, but I would like to see what others are available for:

August 16-19: the week before a lot of schools start
October 25-27: random opening in my calendar
Veterans Day: November 11 (I think this is the perfect time of the year and opportunity with my schedule; could do 8-11)

We could potentially run a few portions of the High Water Mark Trail depending on the amount of rain we get this year. I doubt we would want to run the entire thing but maybe 2 solid days worth? That idea is entirely dependent on weather, and also whether people would like a new paint job or not - the Ozark trails can be hairy and tight but since when has that ever stopped you?

As for time frames that's still up for discussion - trying to plan it for coolish weather, few bugs, and no interference with other events/holidays may prove to be a little difficult.

Mardi Krawl: April 4-7
Memorial Day: May 27 (not a bad idea; 3-day weekend for those still in school just warm)
Father's Day: June 16 (also not a bad idea....also hot sometimes)
HIH9: July 24-49 (possibly do it the same time period as HIH?? Can be very hot and uncomfortable tent camping weather)
Labor Day: September 2 (also a good idea since a lot of people will get off work)
Southern Cruiser Crawl: October 10-13 (this is a guess based on last years dates; I haven't seen any posted for this year)
Muzzleloader Deer Season: October 20-28 & December 8-10 (not that this matters to me, however, the NF will be covered up)
Modern Gun Deer Season: Nov 10 - Dec 2 & Dec 26-28 (^^same as above)

Here are a couple of my suggestions, but I would like to see what others are available for:

August 16-19: the week before a lot of schools start
October 25-27: random opening in my calendar
Veterans Day: November 11 (I think this is the perfect time of the year and opportunity with my schedule; could do 8-11)

Razorback Ramble, Usually 1st weekend in June. Hot Springs

Okay so either Hot Springs ORV Park or Byrd's Adventure Center are starting to sound more and more like the potential places to go for something like this. Currently trying to put something together with a few other members. Any preferences between those two??

A couple dates that are unavailable:
Madness in May (Byrd's): May 24-26
Sam’s 4x4 for ALS (HSORV): May 25-27 (Memorial Weekend)
Razorback Ramble (HSORV): May 30-June 3
Music on the Mulberry (Byrd's): May 31- June 1
Camp Sunshine (HSORV): August 15-18
Jeep Jamboree (Byrd's): September 26-28
Backcountry Fly-In (Byrd's): October 3-4
ATV & SxS Rally (Byrd's): October 11-13
Rendezvous in the Ozarks (Byrd's): October 18-20
Rocktoberfest (Byrd's): October 25-27

Last edited:
I’ve never been to Byrd’s but wouldn’t it be a better spot for a base camp if you’re wanting to run NF trails? I think sometime in September could be good. Like you mentioned, October/November starts getting into deer season.

I have not enjoyed hotsprings in early June, much less end of july. Some of these events have large followings because of location. Hundreds in the hills, fj cruiser summit, solid axle summit all in colorado in summer. Southern cruiser crawl in October in Ozarks. If your wanting to do some kind of get together i would think trails in NF might be better than another event at Hotsprings.

Last edited:
Josh that’s a thought, I think natural state overland is having a gathering at Byrd’s in late April then I’ve heard that overland bound is planning one there as well this spring. All will probably be running stuff in ONF around cass/whiterock area

Last edited:
Just checking if we ever got anywhere with planning for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom