• 3rd weekend

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 4th weekend

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Flexible - all work

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d like to head back early Sunday for Mother’s Day. About where will we be camping Saturday night? Just want an idea of how far from pavement I’ll be Sunday morning.

Alright, so I think we have a plan brewing to the top. thanks to @StucknKS and @SammyT96LX450 for getting this going.

Roll car on vehicles.....

Lael and I in Boost, pulling camping trailer,
@kc_chevota Rob in his LX
@1994pd Patrick
@kcjaz Jason
@ccasteeel charles
@rockstate45
@clrussell
@daneo ?
@tornadoalleycruiser Erik w/ 105

Do we want to plan on doing a group dinner? Mexican maybe, that is typically easy to split up?

Here is the current Plan... Drive down on Thursday the 11th. If we depart around noon, that should get us to Harrison Arkansas by about 4pm. We can meet up with everyone at the Walmart parking lot, and plan to leave by 5pm to the first campground.

First campground.

Ozark Highlands Trail
Witts Springs, AR 72686

35.781532, -92.934605

Here we have two options. if the water is too high, then we do the highway to Witts Springs and then head west then north to the campground. This should be a little over an hour to do this.

If the water at the Buffalo river is passable, then we start on the trail right past St. Joe and then take the trail down to the campground. I am going to estimate this at 2 hours.

If anyone wants to go ahead of us and get to the campground that would be awesome -- this would be a great option for anyone that does not want to cross the Buffalo.

Note, if the campground it taken, there are other options about 30 minutes down the trail.

From there, @SammyT96LX450 has a plan to go west from there and has some areas that we have not traveled yet that are on his map.

View attachment 3312816
Is this the camp site for Thursday night, right (35.781532, -92.934605)

1683518073324.png

I'm planning to get there ahead of you guys maybe as early as 4:00. Just want to make sure I'm going to the right place.

Is this the camp site for Thursday night, right (35.781532, -92.934605)

View attachment 3317390

I'm planning to get there ahead of you guys maybe as early as 4:00. Just want to make sure I'm going to the right place.
That is where we hope to camp the first night.

@daneo can you send me your phone #, starting a text thread to organize group meal and things.

Awesome trip full of adventure!! Lael’s idea for the Land Cruiser photo shoot.

IMG_2945.jpeg

participants, pm me email addresses to use for google shared photo drive and i'll set it up for a group photo dump.
i find it makes it easier to find them later. each participant can then upload / download whatever they want.

I knew this going in but can 100% confirm this crew is solid and an A-Team when you need it.

IMG_2635.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom