• 3rd weekend

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 4th weekend

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Flexible - all work

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been a little while since we've done a High Water Mark trip down in the Arkansas area. If we can get this off the ground, looking at possibly the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th weekend in May. Likely to be a long weekend trip. Poll included but let us know if you're interested and what weekend works best.

(Unfortunately, I'll probably need to sit this one out on account of too many other trips going on this year)

Will my pretty stock lx470 be able to handle this?

Depends on how high the water levels are. If they’re lower, you should be fine.

For the times we’ve been on the planned route, I don’t recall anything too terribly challenging. There’s a potential for pinstriping, of course.

If the water is high, I would recommend a snorkel...

I'm in for whatever weekend works.

Am I gonna have to instal a dorkle now if I follow kelly? I'll say 95% in cause that's what I purchased that truck for. Need to rebuild the front diff first. Or not, she was very sparkly last time I drained it. I can hear kelly laughing already, prob mumbling something like, "about time I cost him money in this hobby"

I’ve got a stack of “ifs” so put me down as a solid “maybe”.

Buffalo river near st joe should be below 4ft.

Make sure you have good front and rear recovery points. There are a couple nasty mud holes. Check for depth before entering. Beware of “shorter” bypasses which also tend to be deeper.

There are a couple fun technical climbs. Should still be doable on a stock rig.

There’s a section of shelf trail near a creek that was washing away. Was too sketchy to do without a spotter when I went. There’s a “bypass” cut into the trees which is extremely tight. Hopefully with spotting folks can use the shelf.

Last edited:
Buffalo river near st joe should be below 4ft.

Make sure you have good front and rear recovery points. There are a couple nasty mud holes. Check for depth before entering. Beware of “shorter” bypasses which also tend to be deeper.
@ccasteel This. ALL of this. Especially the shorter bypasses info. Failure to heed this advice will result in sitting in water up to your waist while waiting for someone to pull you out backwards, and completely soaking your lunch you had cooking under the hood...

@ccasteel This. ALL of this. Especially the shorter bypasses info. Failure to heed this advice will result in sitting in water up to your waist while waiting for someone to pull you out backwards, and completely soaking your lunch you had cooking under the hood...
Sounds like this may not be the best trip for my daily driver. I don't mind the pin stripping, but I don't want to get my captains license yet.

Sounds like this may not be the best trip for my daily driver. I don't mind the pin stripping, but I don't want to get my captains license yet.
As long as the water at the Buffalo isn't too high, you'll be fine. Just don't lead, and if you do lead, don't say to your 1st Mate (@tornadoalleycruiser ) "This doesn't look that deep, no need to get out and wade this one.".

It's an amazing trail, 100% recommend, just be prepared to have to turn around a lot and find alternate routes if the water is high.

Buffalo water level

Watching. I’d like to try and jump in and catch up with you guys again.

Absolutely! Love to wheel with you again! Plus we can finally camp at the site I was trying to find last year. I have figured out where it is finally!!!

I might be in a “gasp” 4 runner this year. Sold the 100 and the 40 is far from ready.

No "gasp" needed. Should be more than capable... I thought you were going to say a 4 letter word....

I should be able to go. As a ride along. Let me see if Dwayne is going

Define pretty stock?

Mine last year was on 33s, I had no issues. I had no lockers and was heavy.

I did have sliders and a winch tho. Both of which never got used.
Well maybe the sliders but not hard

I'm on 33's and removed the steps. That's about it. I'll keep an eye on the water levels linked above, and we'll see when it gets a little closer.

After voting flexible I realized I’m probably only good for the 2nd weekend of May as Lilli graduates the 17th and then a graduation party either the 3rd or 4th weekend. Haven’t pinned down the date for that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom