• 3rd weekend

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 4th weekend

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Flexible - all work

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I seem to recall more than one 80-series starter dying shortly after our group did that trip. Those starters are a lot easier to replace.
I can extend the breathers but the starter is what it is and is not an easy job to replace, even in a shop with a lift. it would be nice if it were easier to do and then I could just swap my old, but still working starter for trips like this. The alternater is another problem but easier to get to and I pave a spare.

Really, even with a snorkle, anything much over 24" deep is getting sketchy.

I can extend the breathers but the starter is what it is and is not an easy job to replace, even in a shop with a lift. it would be nice if it were easier to do and then I could just swap my old, but still working starter for trips like this. The alternater is another problem but easier to get to and I pave a spare.

If you don’t want to take the 200, but would still like to go, I have an open seat. Olivia has to work and can’t make it. Seats open if you can put up with my dogs.

Alright, so I think we have a plan brewing to the top. thanks to @StucknKS and @SammyT96LX450 for getting this going.

Roll car on vehicles.....

Lael and I in Boost, pulling camping trailer,
@kc_chevota Rob in his LX
@1994pd Patrick
@kcjaz Jason
@ccasteeel charles
@rockstate45
@clrussell
@daneo ?
@tornadoalleycruiser Erik w/ 105

Do we want to plan on doing a group dinner? Mexican maybe, that is typically easy to split up?

Here is the current Plan... Drive down on Thursday the 11th. If we depart around noon, that should get us to Harrison Arkansas by about 4pm. We can meet up with everyone at the Walmart parking lot, and plan to leave by 5pm to the first campground.

First campground.

Ozark Highlands Trail
Witts Springs, AR 72686

35.781532, -92.934605

Here we have two options. if the water is too high, then we do the highway to Witts Springs and then head west then north to the campground. This should be a little over an hour to do this.

If the water at the Buffalo river is passable, then we start on the trail right past St. Joe and then take the trail down to the campground. I am going to estimate this at 2 hours.

If anyone wants to go ahead of us and get to the campground that would be awesome -- this would be a great option for anyone that does not want to cross the Buffalo.

Note, if the campground it taken, there are other options about 30 minutes down the trail.

From there, @SammyT96LX450 has a plan to go west from there and has some areas that we have not traveled yet that are on his map.

1683040156801.png

Last edited:
Alright, so I think we have a plan brewing to the top. thanks to @StucknKS and @SammyT96LX450 for getting this going.

@1994pd Patrick
@kcjaz Jason
@ccasteeel charles
@rockstate45
@clrussell
@daneo ?
@CrowleyFJ40

Do we want to plan on doing a group dinner? Mexican maybe, that is typically easy to split up?

Here is the current Plan... Drive down on Thursday the 11th. If we depart around noon, that should get us to Harrison Arkansas by about 4pm. We can meet up with everyone at the Walmart parking lot, and plan to leave by 5pm to the first campground.

First campground.

Ozark Highlands Trail
Witts Springs, AR 72686

35.781532, -92.934605

Here we have two options. if the water is too high, then we do the highway to Witts Springs and then head west then north to the campground. This should be a little over an hour to do this.

If the water at the Buffalo river is passable, then we start on the trail right past St. Joe and then take the trail down to the campground. I am going to estimate this at 2 hours.

If anyone wants to go ahead of us and get to the campground that would be awesome -- this would be a great option for anyone that does not want to cross the Buffalo.

Note, if the campground it taken, there are other options about 30 minutes down the trail.

From there, @SammyT96LX450 has a plan to go west from there and has some areas that we have not traveled yet that are on his map.

View attachment 3312816
Is there a place to park a tow rig?

I wouldn’t stress on the starter location on your 200. My 100 starter survived last year and the water was way higher than it is right now.

If your starter gets submerged you’ve got bigger problems. Aka water halfway up the dash.

@1994pd Patrick
@kcjaz Jason
@ccasteeel charles
@rockstate45
@clrussell
@daneo ?
@CrowleyFJ40

First campground.

Ozark Highlands Trail
Witts Springs, AR 72686

35.781532, -92.934605

View attachment 3312816
Is it correct that the potentially deepest water crossing is deepest at St. Joe crossing the Buffalo?

Is there a place to park a tow rig?

We were thinking about calling the hotel we typically stay in and see if we could stash them there, maybe pay a little $$.

UNfortunately Mindy and I have plans with another family than can't be moved from that weekend. We'll have to join the next time around.

Have fun storming the castle.

Plan to have Culpepper as a passenger in my vehicle as well.

Is this the route the caravan would be taking:
1683221614056.png

if so, Collins Mo is pretty close to my lake house. I may just meet you guys on 13 at Collins on Thursday. Or I may just go down ahead of you guys on Thursday and claim the camp site (skipping the first water crossing).

Also, I'll be solo and would have a seat available for someone if needed. Would need to figure out how to connect as I'll likely go to the lake Wednesday evening.

I have a passenger seat avail if you don't mind a dog in the car.. Will have fridge room also.

Do you guys have a rough idea for Friday camp? I won’t be able to join in until Friday (if I can come) evening due to work. I’m hoping to run down and camp Friday night and hang out a bit Saturday with the kids while the gal goes and does some stuff with family. I’ve gotta be back Saturday night for Mother’s Day Sunday.

How is cell coverage on this trail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom