HHO gas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Interesting stuff.

This guy has a kit, but you could probably just make one yourself. Too bad I don't have a beater car I can test it out on.

HAFC Video

hahahahahahahahahaha!

If the quality of the site is any measure...

If the lack of news coverage is any measure...

I call B.S. :p

https://forum.ih8mud.com/alternativ...c/190637-supplemental-hydrogen-generator.html
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/216983-hho-injection-generator-results.html
Hydrogen fuel enhancement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is merit to the idea, the problem is that the ones selling it are snake oil salesmen who either don't understand it, or intentionally mis-lead. The hydrogen doesn't add energy to the combustion process, it changes the dynamics and efficiency of the gasoline burn. That said, I have concerns about safety and what it will do to your engine long-term. If it was a workable way to reduce fuel consumption, I think we would see it coming from the factory.

I've seen "how to build" instructions it looked good until it said that you needed to have the inside of you engine ceramic coated I believe that would be impossible, it would wear off even if you could do it. The reason for the ceramic coating is due to when the fuel is burned it turns back into water thus rusting your entire engine and exhaust. If this was possible it would be in use already. Just like doctors making claims of miracle cures from alternate types of medicine if they worked everyone would be cured of their ailments.

Last edited:
Gasoline produces water as it burns too, I think the issue with hydrogen supplimentation is hydrogen embrittlement and carbon leaching of the engine components.

I've been following this issue also. Most of the detail that's out there tells how HHO gas is combustable. It does not answer the question on how you need to tell the ECU to reduce the amount of gasoline that passes through the injecter.

Check out www.water4gas.com For $100, you can buy this book which details out how it's done.

or wiki the following:
Oxyhydrogen
Water-fuelled car (skepical view point)
Brown's gas (Yull Brown)

some of you guys are really too funny....

yes, you can make hydrogen easily enough with water by electrolysis. Nothing to it.

Unfortunately, the electrolysis process takes energy -not releasing it- and the efficiency is significantly below 100%. Typically, like 50-70% at room temperature. This is the amount of energy that could be generated by burning the produced hydrogen. The rest is lost as heat in the electrolysis cell.

So you'd start, say with 100 units of gasoline energy, you'd make about 30 units or so of that as power by the engine to drive the alternator (the rest is lost as heat etc) which may give you something like 25 units (I'm guessing) of electrical energy which would make something like 15 units of energy worth of hydrogen, which you would then burn in the engine again like gasoline to get something like 5 units worth of power to the wheels... That's really great.... You now have lost 95% of the energy in the gasoline instead of the usual 70%....

:rolleyes:

but keep at it if it keeps you out of trouble... Also, there is no doubt whatsoever that if you disprove the first and/or second law of thermodynamics -which is basically what all these gizmos claim that they can do- that you'll instantly get multiple Nobel prizes. Of course, the Earth will instantly disappear -POOF!- at the same instant since life as we know it will no longer be possible... :D

Last edited:
Please don't tell me you actually believe anything on that train wreck of a website?!

Come on, it's Circa 1993 at the finger tips of a 9 year old.:lol:

No, I'm merely observing this science (all be it pseudo.) I'm one for scientific proof that it's going to work. There are so many questions that need to be answered and data to be observed before I believe this kind of wizardry.

The guy that I pointed to did a cell on a carburated car first. The idea is that the air/fuel ratio is consistent where or not the HHO has been introduced. He saw a 20% increase in MPG and ran several back to back tests.

So all you guys laughing at this please go to the link I posted and find his work on the Honda and please point out his flaws with evaluating the system he built.

Rick,
The web site I saw was pedaling a larger increase than what you stated.

I'll check it out.

The guy that I pointed to did a cell on a carburated car first. The idea is that the air/fuel ratio is consistent where or not the HHO has been introduced. He saw a 20% increase in MPG and ran several back to back tests.

So all you guys laughing at this please go to the link I posted and find his work on the Honda and please point out his flaws with evaluating the system he built.

Wonder how long he will be around for before you can't find him.

thing is he's not selling anything. He openly shows what he's built and how he's built it. Just about anyone can retrace his steps and do it for themselves.

He's a long way from running an engine on straight HHO. There is one guy with a volvo who claims he has gotten an engine to idle on it. The big problem is that it burns so fast that the timing needs to be so far retarded that he had to remove the adjusting screw and force the distributor as far as he could by hand. As soon as he took his hand off the engine stalled.

As in anyone that comes up with something that works.
Big oil tends to make go away?

Funny, I remember in the '80's when Honda first came out with the CRX it was getting close to 50mpg. Now twenty-five years later high mileage is considered in the 30's Hmmmmm:censor:

Now like Rick said the guy is not selling anything. Not like the other guys that you have give them all of your date before they will even give you a quote on there so called PICC
I found those HHO vids. really interesting, Hope he doesn't disappear!

dave

Last edited:
As in anyone that comes up with something that works.
Big oil tends to make go away?

Funny, I remember in the '80's when Honda first came out with the CRX it was getting close to 50mpg. Now twenty-five years later high mileage is considered in the 30's Hmmmmm:censor:

Now like Rick said the guy is not selling anything. Not like the other guys that you have give them all of your date before they will even give you a quote on there so called PICC
I found those HHO vids. really interesting, Hope he doesn't disappear!

dave

Hilux??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom