HHO gas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As in anyone that comes up with something that works.
Big oil tends to make go away?

Funny, I remember in the '80's when Honda first came out with the CRX it was getting close to 50mpg. Now twenty-five years later high mileage is considered in the 30's Hmmmmm:censor:

Now like Rick said the guy is not selling anything. Not like the other guys that you have give them all of your date before they will even give you a quote on there so called PICC
I found those HHO vids. really interesting, Hope he doesn't disappear!

dave

So, your watching that thread too. Good. I've heard nothing regarding that topic either.

So, your watching that thread too. Good. I've heard nothing regarding that topic either.

You bet! Who here on mud with an 80 wouldn't be. Now I am going to check out this gathering tomorrow. It is not to far from my house. I will try to get pictures/vids. and post up for whoever is interested. I think it was CruiserJimmi that posted that link. Now I have endless questions because I am a skeptic at heart. The one that keep running through my head is how durable are these systems. Since we here on mud tend to beat up our vehicles. Anyway, just a thought...

Dave

Mecca of Water4Gas: Live Car Demo

Bump.

I am testing it on my 91 Isuzu, if it works, fine. If it does not improve the truck mileage, I just wasted a jar of tea that came from the recycle bin, a couple of nuts and bolts, total $10.00. Tomorrow I'll post some pics.

HHO convertors for internal combustion engines.

I sell and install alternative energy solutions at my shop, and have access to components to do these installations. The low cost kits that they sell online simply do not supply enough gas (lpm) to provide any actual results. Also witout filtering the water content does play havoc on intake/manifold parts and other components. Buyer beware, you get what you pay for. For this reference, I can sell you a kit that approximates a LPG system. Instead of using natural gas, you refill at a hydrogen supply company such as AmeriGas. This kit allows flex-fuel capability, you can select by switch your fuel source. It uses direct injection to supply the fuels, no fishbowl hoses glued to your intake, and no zipcord wired to your battery. As of a cost, just the delivery system (I.E. injectors, computer, and associated support hardware) cost in excess of $7000.00. Is it worth it? You WILL get more power. You WILL produce less emissions. You WILL spend more money. Is it worth it? How much do you drive to offset the installation cost, and how much do you really care about the environment? I would like to be optimistic in these questions, but I'm being realistic. I don't see that many people beating down the door to save the earth. It is more an issue of how much money will it save you, right? Any questions on these topics feel free to contact me anytime. I have a solid knowledge on "browns gas" and many of the people who have researched producing it through various methods over the last 25 years. I will give you objective answers and supplement them with technical information when both applicable and/or available. I am foremost a LandCruiser fanatic, and only seek the best knowledge in maintaining and modifying our rigs.:cheers:

As of a cost, just the delivery system (I.E. injectors, computer, and associated support hardware) cost in excess of $7000.00. Is it worth it?

Phew. Even at $4 a gallon (and here locally we've recently hit as low as $3.25) that's 1,750 gallons of gas. If you're getting around 14 MPG, that's 24,500 miles you have to travel, just for it to pay for itself.

And that's assuming you get the hydrogen for free. In reality hydrogen isn't that much cheaper than gas, meaning you might only save 10-20 cents per gallon. Going to take a LOT of miles to make that up.

I am foremost a LandCruiser fanatic, and only seek the best knowledge in maintaining and modifying our rigs.:cheers:

Have you looked into any alternate fuels for the 'cruiser? Or done any installs on any?

What about propane as a cheaper and more convinient alternate fuel? (Either as a replacement or a supplement.)

Ah, haha! This creeps up in car forums every few months. It is a fake, it is a scam. True, you can make Hydrogen from water and electricity, but as others have pointed out, if you have an understanding of thermodynamics and the lays of physics you will know there will be no gains here. This "breakthrough" basically depends on the principles of a "perpetual motion machine", which is a joke to physics.

Bottom line guys... it takes a TON of energy to make Hydrogen, you are not going to make enough hydrogen from your car's alternator to make an impact, not to even mention the inefficiencies of this system.

Don't feel bad about being suckered in after reading it. The sites are often convincing and it's easy to get caught up in the excitement of a new and profound "technology." HHO water, intake tornadoes and gas tank magnets all fall into this category of scams.

There is one guy with a volvo who claims he has gotten an engine to idle on it. The big problem is that it burns so fast that the timing needs to be so far retarded that he had to remove the adjusting screw and force the distributor as far as he could by hand. As soon as he took his hand off the engine stalled.
Hmmm... I think I would have to call BS on this.... he could always remove the wires and reinstall one (or more) cylinder retarded, no more "forcing" the distributor.
Seems like if he was smart enough to get the whole setup working, somethng like retarding the timing would be a piece of cake....

I am testing it on my 91 Isuzu, if it works, fine. If it does not improve the truck mileage, I just wasted a jar of tea that came from the recycle bin, a couple of nuts and bolts, total $10.00. Tomorrow I'll post some pics.

Four months later, still haven't seen any improvements.:mad:

A friend did this on his F250 with a 460 v8 gas hog! He had to put what they call a six pack on there, that's 6 mason jars to produce Browns gas!:eek: He has had to do some tweeking here and there with o2 sensors ect but he went from getting about 10mpg to 15mpg:eek::eek:!!! Not to bad for what $$$ he has in the project!

It really can work if you do it right!

I'm still watching and learning from his experiance before I try it on my 80:hillbilly:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom