hey guys (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRFCSUX

Wasn't me
SILVER Star
Threads
Anybody have a spedo cable mine is broke and I am out of time to get one . For a 62 thanks

Is a 60 the same as a 62 on the speedo cable? If so, I've got one you can have.

Wait a second. WTF do you need a speedo cable for....do you have some race engine in that thing?

How about a windshield GPS for the trip? I have one of those you can use.
Your spedo is gonna be off anyway with the 4.88/h42/33" ?

I got my spedo cable for my 40 from the Napa on 28 near convenience. Maybe they have one? They're pretty good with 'imports' parts.

will a speedo cable from a 40 work? The online replacement for my 40 is a 75" cable, and i think that is what i replaced mine with before. I can pull it tomorrow morning and swing by if you need. The 60 forum says the 'stock' post 1985 cable is 71" and it would fit with a toybox.

Is a 60 the same as a 62 on the speedo cable? If so, I've got one you can have.

Wait a second. WTF do you need a speedo cable for....do you have some race engine in that thing?

3FE power baby, mostly for the odometer, itsnot going over 60 anyway

How about a windshield GPS for the trip? I have one of those you can use.
Your spedo is gonna be off anyway with the 4.88/h42/33" ?

I got my spedo cable for my 40 from the Napa on 28 near convenience. Maybe they have one? They're pretty good with 'imports' parts.

Did not think about Napa having one, that will be on the list for today.

This is a great point. Did the hard start coincide with the speedometer breaking?

I do not think these two things are related but i bet this might take care of the code 42 ?

I do not think these two things are related but i bet this might take care of the code 42 ?

Sounds right. Isn't that the signal coming from the reed sensor in the speedo cluster?

Maybe IPOR has one.

Yes I think that is right. Anybody know if the cable is the same from a forty ? I can steal one of those, I mean borrow one

Yes I think that is right. Anybody know if the cable is the same from a forty ? I can steal one of those, I mean borrow one

Check the part numbers in the SOR catalog to see if they're the same. 40s came with at least 2 different cables depending on the year.

Check the part numbers in the SOR catalog to see if they're the same. 40s came with at least 2 different cables depending on the year.

Smart guy ! 40 looks like screw on 60,62 push on. Thanks Bob

I thought the early 40s were screw on and the later 40s were push on. My '76 is a push on.

I have a new cable from sor for the 40 12" or 8" longer than stock if it will work in the 62.

Sent from the technology that is running our lives!

looks like the 60 and 62 are 2 different cables. get ahold of one of the parts guys at jack taylor monday morning and he may possibly be able to have it for you wed. or give miller a call

I will take the off my forty and see if it will work. Anybody think my computer on the 62 cares if it has a speedometer ? Does it know the differance

Once again the forty saves the day, not only did it work but the length was much easier to with with. Thanks to everyone that gave advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom