Heritage Edition lifted!!! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m loving these pics!

From the factory, does the LC HE have the same suspension as the regular LC?

I’m loving these pics!

From the factory, does the LC HE have the same suspension as the regular LC?
We seem to be figuring out the HE has different rear coils, usually used in ROW vehicles with a second fuel tank. This might explain them seeming to sit a little higher than base model. So far no one has got numbers on what is different about the springs.. rate, for instance.
No word on the front yet.

Last edited:
We seem to be figuring out the HE has different rear coils, usually used in ROW vehicles with a second fuel tank. This might explain them seeming to sit a little higher than base model. So far no one has got numbers on what is different about the springs.. rate, for instance.

Don’t forget that the HE is also missing the substantial rearward weight of third row seats.

stupid question...I wonder if the lack of 3rd row weight may have affected rear end handling/stability in their testing? Thus Toyota used different (stiffer) coils to compensate for lighter rear end???

Toyota never does anything without reason. For example, Toyota retuned the whole Tacoma TRD PRO FOX suspension because the 2020 rims are 4 lbs light each.

stupid question...I wonder if the lack of 3rd row weight may have affected rear end handling/stability in their testing? Thus Toyota used different (stiffer) coils to compensate for lighter rear end???

Toyota never does anything without reason. For example, Toyota retuned the whole Tacoma TRD PRO FOX suspension because the 2020 rims are 4 lbs light each.
Careful, we don’t know for sure yet that they are stiffer. We assume they are due to taller ride height, but as pointed out a HE would be a lot lighter in the rear. Technically they could be softer, if they were long enough. I forget the details of the comparison Eric posted.
We’d need a spring to test rate, or at the least a wire diameter and wrap count to make an informed guess about rate vs base model springs.

Careful, we don’t know for sure yet that they are stiffer. We assume they are due to taller ride height, but as pointed out a HE would be a lot lighter in the rear. Technically they could be softer, if they were long enough. I forget the details of the comparison Eric posted.
We’d need a spring to test rate, or at the least a wire diameter and wrap count to make an informed guess about rate vs base model springs.

Eric said they were 7/8" longer. Based on a seat of the pants feeling the day I traded in a 2017 for the 2020 HE, I would say if there is a spring rate difference it would half to be slight. I say that since neither my wife nor I noticed any harsher treatment from the same roads on the way back home.

Eric said they were 7/8" longer. Based on a seat of the pants feeling the day I traded in a 2017 for the 2020 HE, I would say if there is a spring rate difference it would half to be slight. I say that since neither my wife nor I noticed any harsher treatment from the same roads on the way back home.
Yes he did. I think we also noticed they had a different number of wraps. Which means the wire diameter would have to change to get the same rate.

Yes he did. I think we also noticed they had a different number of wraps. Which means the wire diameter would have to change to get the same rate.

Seems like comparing rear coil part numbers could settle this question (or at least rule out a change). -Even if theymade it the new standard/only part, it would still get a new number...

Seems like comparing rear coil part numbers could settle this question (or at least rule out a change). -Even if theymade it the new standard/only part, it would still get a new number...

There are different numbers, as posted by Eric. We just don't know if it was simply a longer spring, or if it is longer and also has an increased spring rate. I did a search on the HE part number Eric provided and it came back as belonging to the LCs that have the Toyota optioned extra fuel tank capacity.

There are different numbers, as posted by Eric. We just don't know if it was simply a longer spring, or if it is longer and also has an increased spring rate. I did a search on the HE part number Eric provided and it came back as belonging to the LCs that have the Toyota optioned extra fuel tank capacity.
How large is that factory sub tank? A third row plus passengers could be 500# or more.. I’d think most tanks would be far less than that loaded. Then there is the cargo in back that toyota would have designed for.
My point is it’s hard to assume things.. I’d like to see those coils tested.

Agreed, I'm trying not to make any assumptions, just adding in what I have found. Another find is the added fuel tank is 45 liters (or about 12 Gallons. Given gas averages around 6lbs/gal that means the rated weight had to increase by about only 72 lbs.

Would 7/8" longer spring with same diameter of coil wire preserve the rated max load capacity? I have no idea how to work that out for vehicles.

Agreed, I'm trying not to make any assumptions, just adding in what I have found. Another find is the added fuel tank is 45 liters (or about 12 Gallons. Given gas averages around 6lbs/gal that means the rated weight had to increase by about only 72 lbs.

Would 7/8" longer spring with same diameter of coil wire preserve the rated max load capacity? I have no idea how to work that out for vehicles.

It may also be that aux tank 200s were only sold with no third row?

Spring rate is a complex formula. On top of the length of the spring and wire diameter is the number of wraps and the coil diameter. This effectively determines how long the metal wire is that is both bending & twisting, which is ultimately what defines spring rate. Material properties matter too but I’d assume both springs would have similar types, given their applications would be so close.

Basically, it’s a whole lot easier to just measure the spring.

That Black HE looks awesome!

Here’s my Blizzard Pearl I picked up yesterday.

9DA88797-E2C7-46DB-90D4-43A43A164D53.jpeg

30379728-6CF7-4588-A15D-F496985FC153.jpeg

DA8946E1-B54C-454A-BFBE-6435CC5EDF09.jpeg

1DA1895C-D62A-44F8-9BC4-CDECC9BF6B5E.jpeg

4E3682AE-7CAD-4C58-BB1B-8343EA10D04E.jpeg

I picked this up used with 2200 miles on it. The previous owner put on OME suspension on it (thinking right about 2” lift) as well as 33” KO2’s. I’m absolutely in love!

That is beautiful. I’m so stuck on the terra interior I haven’t looked at the HE. That looks so capable and ready to go. Hows the ride compared to stock? Great choice!

That is a handsome, mean business vehicle. I think your pictures might have changed my mind. The stock rack removed certainly enhances the overall lines of the car. Thanks for sharing

They all look nice ... White always looks like the bumpers are ripped off or missing for me , maybe do a color match Bumpers ... Looks like chicken legs ...LOL
I think the best we can expect is 200 with Tundra 4” lift and Tundra control arms and axles with 37” tires , maybe 38” if you squeeze a body lift on .
I’m totally happy with that just going to put a few miles on the 2019 LC before I do my build .

This is more like it .

Reactions: HGB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom