Heritage Edition - Leather Quality (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got an 08 with 176k came from getting beat in the Texas sun as well, and the tan leather in there looks almost new! Way better than the tan leather in my '13 Avalon with 108k

In my experience, Lexus Nuluxe is the standard for synthetic leathers. MB-Tex seems like it is deliberately designed to feel horrid so they can sell the leather option. That being said, the leather isn't that soft. Even the base leather option in the V6-S class feels closer to MB tex than leather.

It kind of felt like the Pleather they used in the 4runners , No rear seats , running boards , cooler and weird leather , my biggest removed item was the body side moldings , with no running boards and side moldings and you use your LC for a daily driver that truck would collect dents like crazy from all the rude people .
And MSRP is more than a base LC .
The dealers around me greater northeast were trying to hype the Heritage as the greatest LC ever made . Every dealer in the PA / NJ / NY has at least one or two and now with Corona these Heritages are going to sit in NJ / NY for a while unless they include a free Ventilator .
I’m in Pa and just bought a new left over base for 76K just before Corona kicked in NJ .
I checked out the Heritage it should be a 76k or less not 87k , I seen one dealer wanted 92k in NJ

It kind of felt like the Pleather they used in the 4runners , No rear seats , running boards , cooler and weird leather , my biggest removed item was the body side moldings , with no running boards and side moldings and you use your LC for a daily driver that truck would collect dents like crazy from all the rude people .
And MSRP is more than a base LC .
The dealers around me greater northeast were trying to hype the Heritage as the greatest LC ever made . Every dealer in the PA / NJ / NY has at least one or two and now with Corona these Heritages are going to sit in NJ / NY for a while unless they include a free Ventilator .
I’m in Pa and just bought a new left over base for 76K just before Corona kicked in NJ .
I checked out the Heritage it should be a 76k or less not 87k , I seen one dealer wanted 92k in NJ
I agree! I think head of Toyota marketing said “hold my sake, we are going to strip the 200 down a little and get silly Americans to pay more”. I looked at one before buying mine and couldn’t justify paying more for less. They even took out the cooler box! How stupid is that! We use it on every family road trip. Such a convenient feature to keep your drinks cold and you can still use it to hold your junk if you want. I believe it would cost $4k to add that feature in the Heritage. To pay more for less, just means money is not an object for some. Those wheels aren’t pretty either. I would ditch those immediately.

The wheels on the Heritage are better - lighter so less unsprung weight. Not worth the cost for me, however.

The Heritage is special. That’s how they justify the asking price.

Yes they removed cool box and third row and leather with magical powers, but price out removing your side molding and getting factory paint, adding factory blacked out headlights and grille, BBS forged wheels, black headliner, specially trimmed seats, etc. This would narrow the price gap considerably.

Is it worth the extra for all? Definitely not. But for some it is, and that is who they were targeting.

edit: sliders will solve the vast majority of people ramming their doors into your sides

Personally, i love the HE rims. If any HE owners want to get rid of 'em, then i will gladly take them off your hands.

EDIT: Terra leather on base model comes with black headliner. Terra rocks! :)

I think all the Terra had black headliner , I had a 2018 and it was black , I like the black real leather over the Terra , It was not bad but showed more wear wrinkles .
All this leather talk reminds me of the ... Córdoba
The Corinthian leather ... LOL
298C2B9C-16C9-4568-988F-850D96D926D8.png

Does anyone know how much lighter the heritage bbs wheels are versus stock wheels?

Not much to do with leather quality anymore, but from other posts (not weighed by me):
2017-2020 base model 18" wheel weighs 32.8 lbs (Cast alloy)
BBS Heritage Edition 18" wheel weighs 27.6 lbs (forged alloy)

Not much to do with leather quality anymore, but from other posts (not weighed by me):
2017-2020 base model 18" wheel weighs 32.8 lbs (Cast alloy)
BBS Heritage Edition 18" wheel weighs 27.6 lbs (forged alloy)
When you slap some truck tire all terrain on this number means nothing

Does anyone know how much lighter the heritage bbs wheels are versus stock wheels?

There is a thread with details on the tundra TRD Pro wheels vs stock. it is the same as Heritage, only a different color. I can’t remember the weights but that would be a good place to look.

I’m sure there are other or better forged wheels out there . I have another buddy who was seriously looking at the Heritage , came down to 82k was the best he could find in PA/NJ/NY Pre-Corona , but now with Corona I’m sure the prices will come down but we are staying clear of NJ/NY with all that virus around they won’t be selling much for a while .
He has the same issue your getting less for more money besides the BBS wheels you can always buy them or better .

They even took out the cooler box! How stupid is that! We use it on every family road trip. Such a convenient feature to keep your drinks cold and you can still use it to hold your junk if you want. I believe it would cost $4k to add that feature in the Heritage.

Eric Sargeant, who works at a dealership that sells lots of Land Cruisers, estimated closer to $10k installed. Can the coolbox be installed on the Heritage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom