Here's where I was today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sdsysdesign.com
The valley is probably close to 2500 feet below me. We are standing level with the towering castles you see across the valley. Those squiggly lines are roads.
CastleCanyon.jpg

This is the obligatory Moab picture from Porcupine Rim. I was being spotted out on the ledge and had to "bump" the throttle to get my rear tires out of the giant crack in the rock. The term "pucker factor" now has a new meaning and I'm very happy the house we rented has a laundry facility. My "oh s***" meter has been permanently reset.
Those of you who know my truck will note the lack of the rear tire carrier. The spindle snapped off yesterday on Hells Revenge.
Overlook.jpg

This is the obligatory Moab picture from Porcupine Rim. I was being spotted out on the ledge and had to "bump" the throttle to get my rear tires out of the giant crack in the rock. The term "pucker factor" now has a new meaning and I'm very happy the house we rented has a laundry facility. My "oh s***" meter has been permanently reset.
Those of you who know my truck will note the lack of the rear tire carrier. The spindle snapped off yesterday on Hells Revenge.

Very nice Jon!

Yea, we were on our way out of the trail and I came down a small ledge, literally about an 8" drop and I heard a "tink" and folks started yelling at me. The visibility out the rear is improved and I have a swamper and highlift strapped in the back now.
It'll get fixed at some point.

What's going on in that picture way over on the right?

Yeah, what's going on over there??? Thought at first that it should be photo shopped out, but then...

Simply incredible, I'm amazed at the beauty. I would have had to have someone else drive my truck out there to get the picture, then you would have had to tie ten ropes around me to pose with the truck.
That is my fear about going to Moab, I'm deathly afraid of heights and driving along the edge of drop offs. I'll instantly freeze up or be doing the 185:1 crawl with my foot on the brake pedal and my free hand on the e-brake.

Wow, Enjoy it man. There's some amazing beauty out there.

Looks like the kid on the right in your pic is doing, literally, what was in your heart and mind. I think you should have posted the pic that you showed us last night of you hanging on to the ARB, with both hands, as that would better show what you were feeling at the time.

Dude, you have no idea how tight I was gripping the sidebar in that picture. I think my handprint is etched into the paint. I could feel my heartbeat in my neck.

I'll have to find the series of pics that Christine took of Tom spotting me out onto the ledge. He kept prompting me to come out more while I had to stop and focus my brain to physically move both my feet off the brake pedal. I couldn't do it and threw it into park. I was trembling from head to toe out there.

Remember, it's all fun and games until someone falls to their death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom