Here's an easy one: 80, 100, 120.. what do I have (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2006 Land Cruiser. Is it correct that this is the 100 series and the new Land Cruiser for 2008 is the 120?

I need to read my owner's manual again but I don't think I saw anything about A-TRAC.. or A-TRAC II...

Thanks!

I'm located in California but that would tell me which series I have.. the previous owner could have bought it in Saudi for all I know..

Are you saying that a 2006 Land Cruiser can have different Series-numbers depending on from where it is?

:confused:

Are you saying that a 2006 Land Cruiser can have different Series-numbers depending on from where it is?

:confused:

There is a different 100 series available out of the US, 105 (solid front axle instead of IFS). The 80 was the model before, the 120 is the Prado out of the US or the Lexus GX in the US. Unless someone spent a lot of money importing your truck, yours is just a normal US spec UZJ100.

Thanks! That's what I thought but then I started to see 80s and 120s etc...

Would I have the A-TRAC system? I have 4x4, H and L and the adjustable suspension kit..

They say front and rear diff are open and not limited or being able to be locked; just the center diff..

Thanks!

Thanks guys!

I guess I'm rolling a good ol' 100 then.

I have IFS and not solid axel and I don't have an extra button to lock the rear diff, so...

It will be very interesting when I go to Pismo sand dunes next week. The sand there is VERY soft/fine.. Getting tq through all 4 wheels is critical! I have seen raised intimidating looking rigs out there that just dug themselves down to the diff housing in seconds!

I had a Pathfinder before and did pretty good! I prob had the center diff lock when engaging the 4x4 (that's what it felt like). It was pretty light though, with bigger tires that I could air down to about 8 psi!

The LC is heavier, with 275 General Grabber tires (mild, for street) but has the A-trac system..

Wonder what will be the outcome.. Maybe I'll come back to the forum looking for aftermarket diffs with locker, monster off-road tired and a lift!

Kanaljen, although your question has been answered it might help someone somewhere in future to note that a lot of identification info regarding the model, engine, transmission, axles, trim, color and manufacturing plant is stamped on an identification plate in the engine bay.

The part of the model code that tells you what you have is the two or three numbers to the right of the J in the model code (e.g. the 100 in UZJ100). The other letters provide information regarding things like the body style, details and trim as well as the engine.

actually, if you look inside the right front wheel well the frame says UZJ100

Dang! I was hoping mine would say "HDJ100"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom