Help with installing CO2 setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have all the goodies that I need for a good CO2 setup but I don't know the best way to install it in the back of my 80. I know a lot of people mount it using the rear seat brackets and have it lay there horizontally. Is that the best way to go? Or Is it safer to mount it vertically and if so how is the best way to do that? If you guys have any ideas please let me know. Thanks!

If you mount it on it's side you will need to take it out and put it upright to use it. Laying on it's side will pull liquid out and freeze up the regulator.

I just started doing mine last night. I purchased extra seat brackets and a CO2 tank holder. I just need to weld it up tonight. I might have to put a extra kick out to brace the holder because of the size of my 20LB tank. Romer and some other guys have some nice setups I'm copying. Search "CO2 mounts"

Vertical works best for the reasons Rwhat mentions. I installed my setup very similarly to CDan so I have access through the sliding side window. Mind you I have a drawer setup but you can fab a frame and use a fire extinguisher bracket to store it. As Rwhat mentioned search for CO2 mounts and you should find a plethora of ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom