Help with fuel problem 86 BJ70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I have a 86 BJ70 w/ 3B 3.4L and I'm having a fuel problem. The engine turns over but doesn't start. I put in a new fuel pump and that hasn't fixed the problem. My next guess is the fuel relay but I'm having trouble finding any info on where it is. I know about the relay fuses underneath the steering column but I don't know which is which. I'm trying to fix the problem myself before I take it to a mechanic. If anyone has info it'd be grateful. Thanks in advance!

Did you pump the fuel primer with the air bleeder open on fuel filter housing? Is fuel coming out? Have you cracked the injector fuel connections while cranking to see if fuel comes out? Did you possibly bump a connector loose for the edic? Does it move when cranking? I would start with those

Diesel engines need to be bled as you need to pump the fuel through the fuel system to the injector pump before they will start. If you look at the fuel filter there will be a 10mm bleed nipple you need to crack this open and prim with the manual fuel pump until a steady stream of diesel with no air bubbles starts to come out then tighten the bleed nipple. Sometimes it may take two goes at bleeding the system before they fire up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom