HELP with bellhousing for A750F to HD-FTE (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SevenX

GOLD Star
Threads
Does anyone have reference to a 100 series (I believe 99-07) that has a 1HD-FTE motor and an automatic A750F transmission?

I'm looking to find the bellhousing part number.

I've come up with this: 35111-60140

But I want to make sure it is for the 1HD-FTE and NOT the UZ series motors

Thanks if anyone can help!

@FJ601986 The A750F is coming out of a Toyota Tacoma
Are you using the ECU from the Tacoma? I'd like to put a diesel in my 2005 Tundra which has the A750F but not clear how shift timing will work with the diesel ( if that make an sense). As far as I know the A750F is electronically shifted and timed with the gas engine's ECU. another thing I can't get my head around is the diesel injectors fuel flow for RPM's and shifting. Keep posting your progress and I'll keep picking your brain I'd like to go diesel too. Best of luck. Joe G.
what part of Ontario are you in?? Im in New jersey.

Are you using the ECU from the Tacoma? I'd like to put a diesel in my 2005 Tundra which has the A750F but not clear how shift timing will work with the diesel ( if that make an sense). As far as I know the A750F is electronically shifted and timed with the gas engine's ECU. another thing I can't get my head around is the diesel injectors fuel flow for RPM's and shifting. Keep posting your progress and I'll keep picking your brain I'd like to go diesel too. Best of luck. Joe G.
what part of Ontario are you in?? Im in New jersey.

Good question, I’m using the Compushift Pro...spoke with Guy over there and he has assisted me so far with the transmission, which shifter to use...etc. I would recommend going that route every time because they are fully adjustable and will assist with the shift points etc. Don’t think I would ever go with a factory ecu after any major modification.

I think if you found which diesel would work best in your application, you could work off of that and then put together a package that would work.

Please update us if you try this out. I think the A750f would make a nice and relatively inexpensive upgrade if we can use transmissions from the gas vehicles here in North America.

Please update us if you try this out. I think the A750f would make a nice and relatively inexpensive upgrade if we can use transmissions from the gas vehicles here in North America.

I will absolutely.

I think we all need a viable option indeed in North America for multiple vehicles, including the 70 series like I specifically work on.

Just to make everyone aware...I am putting an A750F behind a 1HZ. Using it in the mining industry to eliminate the manual transmission.

If all works, you may use this for your personal vehicle to have a more modern transmission, or just to convert to automatic. You may even be able to convert your gas vehicle to diesel if it already runs this transmission (A750f)

Just to make everyone aware...I am putting an A750F behind a 1HZ. Using it in the mining industry to eliminate the manual transmission.

If all works, you may use this for your personal vehicle to have a more modern transmission, or just to convert to automatic. You may even be able to convert your gas vehicle to diesel if it already runs this transmission (A750f)
Been awhile, but any update on this? I have an A750 enroute that I'm thinking the same thing with. Especially if there is an 1HD ECU that would run it. For a 4runner/taco, it looks like a new T case output shaft and torque converter would be in order, but the rest looks good.

Been awhile, but any update on this? I have an A750 enroute that I'm thinking the same thing with. Especially if there is an 1HD ECU that would run it. For a 4runner/taco, it looks like a new T case output shaft and torque converter would be in order, but the rest looks good.

Bellhousing is different too.
Rumors of internals being slightly different also, nothing concrete though.

Bellhousing is different too.
Rumors of internals being slightly different also, nothing concrete though.
So far looks like bell housing (HDJ101 as mentioned earlier) and the output shaft (from a thread using a 4runner A750 to replace a dead 100 series A750). From that thread the driving and handling was successful after the swap so I would expect internals to not be different enough to be of concern. Especially since A750 in 4runner is behind the same 2UZ. Also stall on the HDJ101 TC would be different.

Is the A750f from a 4 runner full time 4 wheel drive and tacoma part time 4wd?

Ok let me ask the question the other way, I’ve an A750 sitting here from an 03 4Runner,will the part time case from fj bolts up to it to make a part time drivetrain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom