Help- Rusted Fuel line replacement on 99 Series 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've not been active on this site however you all are fantastic in your knowledge and experience and wondering if I can get help. Apologies in advance if this has been answered, promise I searched with no luck.
I have pinholes in the section of the fuel line just where it comes from the top and attaches to the frame, cannot be reached without pulling the tank. I'm attempting to drain the tank by removing the fuel pump from the top however screws are rusted on, I'm at a loss on how to remove them, I would appreciate any help and ideas . :( Have Blaster on there now however am doubting it will work given the amount of rust. I did try and drain the tank by using a siphon hose in the filler line, however it wont go past the turns in the line.

Other part of this question the rear strap bolt is rusted and cannot get either a 6 point nor 12 point socket to move it. (its a little rounded off with my attempts) Do I attempt to drill this off?

Thanks in advance!

thanks, I have my weekend work cut out for me! Picked up a new fuel line from dealer, will see how it goes.

Follow-up question, does anyone know if it's possible to drop the tank with just rear wheels on Rhino Ramps? It dawned on me I won't be able to move the Cruiser off the ramps after fuel lines are disconnected if I find out later I needed stands. (doh!)

You should be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom