HELP! REMOVAL OF 2H INJECTORS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just had a new(er) 2H put into my FJ60 and it runs great but is blowing black smoke on acceleration. All evidence points to the injectors/injector pump. I am trying to remove the injectors to be tested/rebuilt/replaced but they seem to be different from all diagrams and instructions. Any help would be appreciated.

full

Last edited:
did you post a picture of the injector pump or the injectors cause that looks like pump to me but I admit, i'm not getting off the couch to go check my engine.

It shows, but you are talking about removing injectors and it looks like you are wrenching at the injector pump which is not where the injectors are.

That picture is the injector pump

Injectors are on top of the motor

Also.. if you have black smoke on acceleration, I'd wind the fuel back a touch before I jumped to injector rebuilds.

NOn5lS4.jpg

Last edited:
I can't seem to get the screw cap off of mine. It requires a special Toyota 3 prong pin spanner that does not appear to exist any longer in the world. A two pin spanner does not seem to work.

I can't seem to get the screw cap off of mine. It requires a special Toyota 3 prong pin spanner that does not appear to exist any longer in the world. A two pin spanner does not seem to work.

A pin punch and smaller hammer can be used to get that locknut turning.

If/When you remove the cap, do it gently. It is a cast aluminum ear, so spray some penetrant and let it soak, use a punch with a sharp point at a good angle and do not use BFH.

It should spin.

My 2H coughs lots of black smoke if I use too much skinny pedal ;) Or go up a hill. Which is all we have around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom